About the Book
You’ll find detailed working examples on the book's website with dozens of illustrations and many concepts you can freely apply to your own gaming projects. All the source code annotations enhance the book’s explanation.
What you’ll learn:
- By the end of this workbook, you’ll have integrated into your own game designs:
- Adopted processes for business project management and agile software development.
- Organized a standard file structure for developing games in general;
- Used a blank game template to scaffold further game projects;
- Imported resources and game assets;
- Displayed, animated and moved game avatars on various screen renderings;
- Managed groups of game objects;
- Deployed heads-up display (HUD) on game scenes both inside and outside the canvas;
- Used customized web fonts;
- Incorporated multiple game-inputs (touch, multi-touch, accelerometer, mouse, and keyboard);
- Rendered several physics systems;
- Included graphics effects (gfx) (particle systems, rotations, fades, shaders and more);
- Created and managed game state-phases;
- Managed permanent game assets across state-phases;
- Optimized your game for various mobile devices;
- Integrated 3rd-party scripts and services;
- Deploy single-player games.
- Web Sockets demystified for scalable massive online game deployments.
Who This Book Is For:
About the Author
Avatar is an adorable cartoon sketch of my wife. 42nd anniversary this Sept 1!
Steve is a Licensed Minister since 1972; certified Network Engineer (retired after 40 years) and currently as a full-time teaching faculty in software engineering and network cyber-security as Professor Emeritus for the past 14 yrs. Since 2002, He has been a Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI).
Review my profile on LinkedIn.com: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-gose-71ba853b/
Personal website: http://www.Stephen-Gose.com./
Kingdom of Heaven: http://kingdomofgodprinciples.com/
Game Support Site: http://makingbrowsergames.com/
Game Showcase: http://www.renown-games.com
Purchase Game source code and License: http://shop.pbmcube.net/