Inside Enterprise Architect
Inside Enterprise Architect
Querying EA's Database
About the Book
This book shows details of what is at the low level of EA: its database. The information gathered in this book is a summary of what has been found out by quite a number of EA users including me. If you need to dive into details which the official API does not provide, this book is what you might have been looking for.
- Copyright and Disclaimer
1. Accessing the Database
- 1.1 Inspecting EA’s Tables
- 1.2 Ways to Query Tables
- 1.3 A List of All Tables
2. Most Important Tables
- 2.1 More things than you find in the Project Browser: t_object
- 2.2 The Repository Structure: t_package
- 2.3 The Diagram Frame: t_diagram
- 2.4 Elements Inside Diagrams: t_diagramobjects
- 2.5 Non-Standard Connectors: t_diagramlinks
- 2.6 Connecting Elements: t_connector
3. Element Feature Tables
- 3.1 Attributes: t_attribute
- 3.2 Operations: t_operation
4. Tagged Value Tables
- 4.1 Element Tagged Values: t_objectproperties
- 4.2 Attribute Tagged Values: t_attributetag
- 4.3 Operation Tagged Values: t_operationtag
- 4.4 Connector Tagged Values: t_connectortag
5. Security Related Tables
- 5.1 Settings: t_secpolicies
- 5.2 Users: t_secuser
- 5.3 Groups: t_secgroup
- 5.4 Assignment of users to groups: t_secusergroup
- 5.5 Group permissions: t_secgrouppermission
- 5.6 User permissions: t_secuserpermission
- 5.7 Locks: t_seclocks
6. Rarely Used Tables
- 6.1 Stereotypes: t_stereotypes
- 6.2 Not the Tagged Values: t_taggedvalue
- 6.3 Attribute Constraints: t_attributeconstraints
- 6.4 Table Attribute Tags: t_attributetag
- 6.5 Linked Documents and Baselines: t_document
- 6.6 Mixed option: t_genopt
- 6.7 Alternate Images: t_image
- 6.8 User Defined Scripts: t_script
- 6.9 Element Requirements: t_objectrequires
- 6.10 Element Constraints: t_objectconstraints
- 6.11 Element Files: t_objectfiles
- 6.12 Scenarios for (mainly) Use Cases: t_objectscenarios
- 6.13 Parameters for Operations: t_operationparms
- 6.14 Various Profiles: t_trxtypes
- 6.15 Status Types: t_lists
- 6.16 Maintenance: t_objectproblems
- 6.17 Various Profiles: t_xrefsystem
- 6.18 RTF: t_rtf
- 6.19 Repository Settings: usys_system
- 6.20 Auditing: t_snapshot
7. Marvelous References
- 7.1 A simple table: t_xref
- 7.2 Definition of Multi-Stereotypes
- 7.3 Default Composite Diagrams
8. API Cross References
- 8.1 t_package — EaPackage
- 8.2 t_object — EaElement
9. Bits and Pieces
- 9.1 CSV Lists
- 9.2 Object Types
- 9.3 What is an Instance
- 9.4 Concurrency
- 9.5 GUID
- 9.6 Object Run State Property
- 9.7 TPos Property
- 9.8 Object StyleEx Property
- 9.9 Package Flags Property
- 9.10 Diagram PDATA Property
- 9.11 Diagram Swimlanes Property
- 9.12 Diagram StyleEx Property
- 9.13 DiagramObject StyleEx Property
- 9.14 Connector SubType Property
- 9.15 Connector Direction Property
- 9.16 Connector PDATA5 Property
- 9.17 Connector StateFlags Property
- 9.18 Connector StyleEx Property
- 9.19 Binary Data
- 9.20 RGB Values
10. User Settings
- 10.1 Registry
- 10.2 APPDATA
- 10.3 PROGRAMFILES
- 10.4 Multiple EAs in Parallel
11. GUI References
- 11.1 Element
- 11.2 Diagram
- 11.3 Diagram Element Context
- 11.4 Connector
- 11.5 Attributes
- 11.6 Operations
- 11.7 Miscellaneous
12. Query Caveats
- 12.1 Debugging SQL
13. SQL Search Builder
- 13.1 Search Results
- 13.2 Search Tagging
- 13.3 Some Sample Queries
- 13.4 Combine Script with Search
14. Further Reading
- 14.1 Feedback
- 14.2 Scripting Enterprise Architect
- 14.3 Sparx Forum
- 14.4 Sparx Community
- 14.5 SQL in General
- 14.6 Geert Bellekens
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Ansible for KubernetesJeff Geerling
Ansible is a powerful infrastructure automation tool. Kubernetes is a powerful application deployment platform. Learn how to use these tools to automate massively-scalable, highly-available infrastructure.
Practical FP in Scala: A hands-on approachGabriel Volpe
A practical book aimed for those familiar with functional programming in Scala who are yet not confident about architecting an application from scratch.
Together, we will develop a purely functional application using the best libraries in the Cats ecosystem, while learning about design patterns and best practices.
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
Production HaskellMatt Parsons
Are you excited about Haskell, but don't know where to begin? Are you thrilled by the technical advantages, but worried about the unknown pitfalls? This book has you covered.
Tame your Work FlowSteve Tendon and Daniel Doiron
Do you need a high performance enterprise governance approach improving management, execution and delivery while dealing with multiple projects/products, events, stakeholders and teams? Giving you better bottom line results, faster time to market, less work, better predictability, happier employees, and delighted clients? Then learn about TameFlow!
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Machine Learning EngineeringAndriy Burkov
"If you intend to use machine learning to solve business problems at scale, I'm delighted you got your hands on this book."
—Cassie Kozyrkov, Chief Decision Scientist at Google
"Foundational work about the reality of building machine learning models in production."
—Karolis Urbonas, Head of Machine Learning and Science at Amazon
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Composing SoftwareEric Elliott
All software design is composition: the act of breaking complex problems down into smaller problems and composing those solutions. Most developers have a limited understanding of compositional techniques. It's time for that to change.
El Manual del ManagerKeyvan Akbary, Félix López, and Álvaro Salazar
¿Has deseado alguna vez el haber tenido una buena introducción al rol del Engineering Manager? En este libro aprenderás lo necesario para ejercer el rol de una manera efectiva: Expectativas y Responsabilidades del Rol, 1-1s, Ayudar a Crecer, Objetivos, Planes de Carrera, Cultura, Feedback, Contratación, Cultura de Producto y mucho más.
The Tester's Library
8 BooksThe Tester's Library consists of eight five-star books that every software tester should read and re-read. As bound books, this collection would cost over $200. Even as e-books, their price would exceed $80, but in this bundle, their cost is only $49.99. Here are the books, and why they should be in your library: Perfect Software and Other...
11 BooksIn this bundle, you will find 10 different agile books. They are about different aspects of being agile. - finding a job - doing coding dojo's - Retrospectives - Personal kanban - a non-typical coaching book and even a book that gives you an insight in the lives of some agile people.
WTFlop 6M + HU - Beta Bundle
Marionette.js A to Z
Build A Better Backbone App
3 BooksThe best way to learn new development skills is through experience, but that takes time you don't have.Get the best of both worlds with this bundle: you'll learn how to produce modern web applications by learning from experienced developers like Derick Bailey and David Sulc. BackboneJS is one of the favorite tools on the web today, but it...
General Systems Thinker Bundle
5 BooksThe General Systems Thinker Bundle is just that: a bundle of five books to advance the reader one giant step toward improved thinking, based on General Systems principles. Four of the books are the complete General Systems Series. The fifth is fictional piece which shows some general systems thinkers in action. It's a mystery in which a group of...
Experiential Learning Bundle
4 BooksThis bundle provides all four volumes of the popular Experiential Learning Series at a savings of $20 over the price if purchased separately.
2 BooksAfter getting up and running with Ansible in Jeff Geerling's Ansible for DevOps, strengthen your skills managing tens to thousands of instances and services in Amazon's AWS cloud with Yan Kurniawan's Ansible for AWS.
Learn ECMAScript 6 inside and out
2 BooksFor any technology, it helps to get multiple points of view on the functionality to get the best possible understanding. For ECMAScript 6/2015, no two resources are recommended more frequently thanExploring ES6by Dr. Axel Rauschmayer andUnderstanding ECMAScript 6by Nicholas C. Zakas. These two points of view, investigating the specification and...
Software architecture, for systems old and new
2 BooksThis bundle includes books about hands-on software architecture.