30 Ideas in 30 Days
30 Ideas in 30 Days
An experiment in everyday innovation
About the Book
This is a series of blog posts from March 2010. I had hit upon the idea of undertaking a series of thirty day projects rather than do a grand 'New Year's resolution'. This thirty day project was simple: have an idea, tell people the idea. One a day for thirty days.
There are some great ideas in here. There are some not so great ideas. Some of the ideas have been made into real projects. Most haven't. But I thought the project was an interesting one, and other people seem to have thought so too. I've been interviewed on radio, in newspapers and featured on other blogs about it. People seem to remember it and I do get asked about it.
I thought I'd collect it all together and turn that into an ebook so that anyone can download it, read it, share it around and do whatever else they'd like to do with it.
- The other way of following first
- Now we’re up and dancing
- Idea 1: Keymash
- Idea 2: Radio Alerts
- Idea 3: Only Famous (a romantic comedy)
- Idea 4: Modcasts
- Idea 5: Numberless calendars
- Idea 6: SpringCleanr
- Idea 7: Street Gallery
- Idea 8: Smart business cards
- Idea 9: Recordings in Concert
- Idea 10: Vinyl scanner
- Idea 11: Photo stack-and-scan
- Idea 12: A box of cool
- Idea 13 Karaoke-Tube Celebstar Idol
- Idea 14: I Made You a Tape
- Idea 15: Newspaper download codes
- Idea 16: Pebble splash
- Idea 17: Digital Radio - somewhere useful
- Idea 18: Public Domain music collection
- Idea 19: Blog cast-list automator
- Idea 20: The Retirement Pile
- Idea 21: Nationalise EMI
- Idea 22: The Stainless Steel Rat (the movie)
- Idea 23: Wordpress Bandcampify template
- Idea 24: Rollercoasters as public transport
- Idea 25: Next-gen personalised music radio
- Idea 26: New Music Trust
- Idea 27: Tamagotchi Gardening
- Idea 28: Charity shop clothing subscription
- Idea 29: Now Playing - social music app
- Idea 30: House of spare ideas
- Mixtape for You by Ray Kuyvenhoven
- What can you do in 30 days?
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.