This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-10-21
About the Book
This book orginally accompanied the What's New in Java 8 Udemy video course and has since been updated and expanded. It describes, in-depth, Java 8 lambdas and related new features of Java 8.
After reading the book, you'll;
- Have an overview of new features in Java 8
- Understand lambdas in-depth, their background, syntax, implementation details and how and when to use them
- Understand the difference between functions to classes and why that's relevant to lambdas
- Understand the difference between lambdas and closures
- Appreciate the improvements to type inference that drive a lot of the new features
- Be able to use method references and understand scoping and "effectively final"
- Understand the differences in bytecode produced when using lambdas
- Be able to reason about exceptions and exception handling best practice when using lambdas
So whether you're migrating existing Java programs to Java 8 or building applications from scratch, this course and book will help you start to leverage the power of functional programming on the Java platform.
- About the Book
- Java 8
- λs in Functional Programming
- Functions vs classes
- λ Basic Syntax
- Functional Interfaces
- Type Inference Improvements
- Target-typing for lambdas
- Method References
- Effectively Final
- Exception Handling
- Lambdas vs Closures
- Invocation & Bytecode
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...