This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-10-21
About the Book
This book orginally accompanied the What's New in Java 8 Udemy video course and has since been updated and expanded. It describes, in-depth, Java 8 lambdas and related new features of Java 8.
After reading the book, you'll;
- Have an overview of new features in Java 8
- Understand lambdas in-depth, their background, syntax, implementation details and how and when to use them
- Understand the difference between functions to classes and why that's relevant to lambdas
- Understand the difference between lambdas and closures
- Appreciate the improvements to type inference that drive a lot of the new features
- Be able to use method references and understand scoping and "effectively final"
- Understand the differences in bytecode produced when using lambdas
- Be able to reason about exceptions and exception handling best practice when using lambdas
So whether you're migrating existing Java programs to Java 8 or building applications from scratch, this course and book will help you start to leverage the power of functional programming on the Java platform.
- About the Book
- Java 8
- λs in Functional Programming
- Functions vs classes
- λ Basic Syntax
- Functional Interfaces
- Type Inference Improvements
- Target-typing for lambdas
- Method References
- Effectively Final
- Exception Handling
- Lambdas vs Closures
- Invocation & Bytecode
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.