An in-depth look at Java 8 Lambdas
About the Book
This book orginally accompanied the What's New in Java 8 Udemy video course and has since been updated and expanded. It describes, in-depth, Java 8 lambdas and related new features of Java 8.
After reading the book, you'll;
- Have an overview of new features in Java 8
- Understand lambdas in-depth, their background, syntax, implementation details and how and when to use them
- Understand the difference between functions to classes and why that's relevant to lambdas
- Understand the difference between lambdas and closures
- Appreciate the improvements to type inference that drive a lot of the new features
- Be able to use method references and understand scoping and "effectively final"
- Understand the differences in bytecode produced when using lambdas
- Be able to reason about exceptions and exception handling best practice when using lambdas
So whether you're migrating existing Java programs to Java 8 or building applications from scratch, this course and book will help you start to leverage the power of functional programming on the Java platform.
- About the Book
- Java 8
- λs in Functional Programming
- Functions vs classes
- λ Basic Syntax
- Functional Interfaces
- Type Inference Improvements
- Target-typing for lambdas
- Method References
- Effectively Final
- Exception Handling
- Lambdas vs Closures
- Invocation & Bytecode
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.