About the Book
The Value Plan Manifesto:
The Heart and Soul of Marketing is VALUE Your Mission: Grow it
- Profitably co-creating value with our customers, employees, partners, community and planet is now required.
- Effective marketing practice requires relationships and anticipation. Taking time to build these is not wasted time. It is a necessary and important investment.
- Learning and adapting are a part of this process, not an enemy of it.
- The practice of marketing requires action.
- Talking about marketing is not doing marketing.
- Marketing does not happen in a textbook.
- Knowing marketing theory does not mean that you know how to do marketing.
- The outcome of the Value Plans that you build is a beginning for delivering unprecedented Value. True value will only arise when you put these plans into action.
- Creating Value is a world-changing exercise. Now is the time to help change the world for the better.
About the Author
Dr. Sugai joined Doshisha Graduate School of Business in 2013 where he teaches Marketing, eMarketing, Marketing Research, and Sustainable and Responsible Marketing to Global MBA program students. Prior to joining the Doshisha University faculty, Dr. Sugai taught at the International University of Japan in Niigata since 2002, where he taught similar courses and served both as Dean and Associate Dean for more than 6 years.
He received his Doctoral degree from Waseda University’s Graduate School of Global Information and Telecommunications Studies and his M.B.A. in Marketing and Operations Management from New York University’s Stern School of Business. He has worked as a marketing executive at American Express, Muze, Inc., and Lightningcast, Inc., and as a marketing consultant for Advantage Marketing Information.