The Incremental Architect´s Napkin
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2014-09-13
About the Book
The book compiles a number of articles from my blog "The Architect´s Napkin" into an ebook for your reading convenience. It´s a work in progress.
Increment #1 - Follow the money
- Fundamental aspects of requirements
- Balance the forces
- Aspects of Functionality
- Aspects of Quality
- Aspects of Security of Investment
- Make Evolvability inevitable
- Clear expectations
- Trust through reliability
- Fast feedback
- Premature completion
- Make increments tangible
- Entry Points
- Design functions for extensibility and readability
- An example of functional design
- Introducing Flow Design
- Another example of 1D functional design
- Branch flows for alternative processing
- Streams causing alternative flows
- Branches for explicit alternative flows
- Flow Design as language creation
- Generalization: 2-dimensional flows
- Similar flows flowing back together
- Joining dissimilar flows
7 - Nest flows to scale functional design
- Integration vs operation
- The beauty of Operations
- The beauty of Integrations
- Stratified Design
- Appendix #1 - Why abstract functionality?
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.