Take Control of Apple Mail, Third Edition
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2015-10-01
About the Book
You can work more effectively in Apple Mail with the expert advice from Joe Kissell. You’ll learn how to make Mail serve your needs with essential setup, usage, and troubleshooting instructions, whether you use Gmail, iCloud, Exchange, IMAP, or POP — or more than one — in both 10.11 El Capitan on your Mac and iOS 9 on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Joe explains core concepts like special IMAP mailboxes and email archiving, reveals Mail’s hidden interface elements and gestures, and helps with common tasks like addressing and adding attachments. He also offers tips on customizing Mail, including a nifty chapter on how simple plug-ins and special automation can dramatically improve the way you use Mail. Joe also covers finding that message in the haystack with El Capitan’s new natural language search, improving the messages you send, how digital signatures and encryption work in Mail, and — perhaps most important — a strategy for avoiding email overload (the article where he introduced it won an American Business Media’s Neal Award for Best How-To Article).
You’ll quickly find the essential information that’s most important to you, including:
- Key changes in Mail for El Capitan and iOS 9
- What the new natural language search features mean for email
- Getting through your email faster with gestures
- Letting a plug-in significantly enhance how you use Mail
- Taking Mail to the next level with AppleScript and Automator
- The whys and hows of sending attachments
- Using markup features to embellish, and even sign, outgoing attachments
- Defeating spam with the Junk Mail filter — and what to do if you need more firepower
- Understanding special mailboxes like Sent, Drafts, and Junk
- Using notifications to stay apprised of incoming messages
- Turning on the much-loved classic window arrangement
- Taking charge of email organization with rules and other measures
- 15 things everyone should know about Mail in iOS 9
- Deciding whether you should encrypt your email, along with detailed, real-world steps for signing and encrypting email
- Fixing problems: receiving, sending, logging in, bad mailboxes, and more
This book is published on Leanpub by Take Control Books
With its Take Control series of ebooks, alt concepts inc. covers a wide range of technology topics, with a special emphasis on Apple products and services. Our catalog comprises over 100 titles, and we’ve sold hundreds of thousands of ebooks in the process of providing expert advice and technical know-how to tens of thousands of readers around the world. Join us today!
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms