Speeding Up Your Mac
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-09-20
About the Book
Accelerate Your Mac
If your Mac seems a lot slower now than when you first bought it, it’s not your imagination. Over time, your Mac can become bogged down with extra background tasks, run out of free RAM and disk space, and encounter a wide variety of other issues that lead to slow performance. With expert advice and a little detective work, you can find and fix these problems—returning your Mac to its original, peppy self.
Don’t settle for random tips that may or may not help. In this book you’ll learn how to find and address the exact causes of slow behavior, with before-and-after tests to confirm your results. You’ll discover how to optimize CPU and RAM usage, eliminate disk bottlenecks, improve network performance (including web browsing and email), speed up peripherals, perform strategic software and hardware upgrades, and much more. This book is for all Macs running OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later, including macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Uncover Mac performance myths and misconceptions.
- Learn quick fixes to address common slowdown causes.
- Diagnose performance problems and run benchmarking tests.
- Repair file and directory errors that can slow down your Mac.
- Reduce the demands on your Mac’s CPU and RAM.
- Improve the performance of your hard drive or SSD.
- Speed up web browsing, email, and other network activities.
- Perform simple, inexpensive hardware upgrades to boost your Mac’s speed.
- Eliminate unnecessary delays in booting, sleeping, and waking your Mac.
- Get the best possible performance from peripherals (including hard drives, RAIDs, and input devices).
Joe Kissell is the author of more than 50 books on technology, including Backing Up Your Mac: A Joe On Tech Guide and Take Control of Your Online Privacy. He is also a contributing editor to TidBITS and a senior contributor to Macworld, was the winner of a 2009 Neal award for Best How-to Article, and has appeared on the MacTech 25 list (the 25 people voted most influential in the Macintosh community) since 2007.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms