About the Book
Amir Rajan is an indie game developer who quit his corporate job and created a game that conquered the App Store. He's a scientist at heart. So during his fourteen month journey, he meticulously documented everything that occurred during A Dark Room's quiet beginnings, all the way through to its meteoric rise and fall.
This book will enumerate all aspects of creating a game that can survive in the App Store. Such as:
- How to make small, sustainable income.
- Tips on building games for a mobile medium.
- Tips on having a public presence as an indie developer.
- Finding a community to market to.
- How to contact editors/reviewers.
- How to pitch your game to Apple.
- Tips for creating a good App Store page.
- Pricing strategies.
- In's and out's of the review and ranking system.
- Marketing your app with zero money.
About the Author
Amir Rajan is a indie game developer and software craftsman. He’s a jack of all trades, being comfortable with many platforms and languages.
Last but certainly not least, Amir is the creator of A Dark Room iOS. This minimalist text based RPG conquered the world and took the #1 spot in the App Store and placed in the top #10 paid apps across 70 countries. It has been downloaded over 2.5 millions times and has over 25,000 five star reviews. This chart topping iOS game and its unprecedented rise to the top has received critical acclaim from Paste Magazine, Giant Bomb, Forbes, The Huffington Post, Cult of Mac, and The New Yorker.