About the Book
This book will show you how to get started with the PureScript programming language, from the basics (setting up a development environment) to the advanced.
Each chapter will be motivated by a particular problem, and in the course of solving that problem, new functional programming tools and techniques will be introduced. Here are some examples of problems that will be solved in this book:
- Transforming data structures with maps and folds
- Form field validation using applicative functors
- Testing code with QuickCheck
- Using the canvas
- Domain specific language implementation
- Working with the DOM
- Dealing with callback hell
About the Author
I am a developer living in Los Angeles, CA. I work principally in Scala, Haskell and TypeScript. I love using functional techniques to solve real world problems.
I am the original developer of the PureScript programming language and compiler, and have written several of its core libraries.