This book is 15% complete
Last updated on 2019-01-07
About the Book
As the name suggests, Practical Redis is a hands-on, code-driven guide to Redis. Each chapter is based on an application (simple to medium complexity) which demonstrates the usage of Redis and its capabilities (data structures, commands etc.). The applications in the book are written in Golang and Docker Compose is used to spin up the applications (along with Redis) easily and quickly with a single command.
Here is a quick outline of the book contents
- Hello Redis - quick tour of Redis capabilities including its versatile data structures
- Redis: the basic data structures - intro to core Redis data structures with a simple news sharing app
- Tweet analysis service - keep track of relevant tweets using a service which ingests tweets, consumes/processes them and produces queryable info in real time using
- Extending Redis with Redis Modules - learn about the basics of Redis Modules and make use of ReBloom in a recommendation service
Coming soon ...
Here is the tentative list of chapters which are planned for future releases (please note that these are subject to change)
- Pipelines and Transactions in Redis
- Scalable chat application - Use Redis PubSub and Websocket to create a chat service
- Stream processing with Redis - watch Redis Streams in action (new data structure in Redis 5.0)
- Using Redis on Kubernetes
- Redis and Kafka based application
- Data partitioning in Redis - practical examples highlighting data sharding strategies in Redis
- Redis high availability
- Distributed co-ordination with Redis
- Get, set, go...
- Hello World
- Redis: the basic data structures
- Tweet analysis service
- Extending Redis with Redis Modules
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.