Phaser 3 Game Starter Kit Collection (Book and Source Code Package)
This book is 1% complete
Last updated on 2018-07-02
About the Book
Phaser III Game Starter Kit Collection is a hands-on guide for making browser games using Phaser versions 3 Gaming Frameworks. This book is the entire collection of single chapters available from Amazon, and delves into 16 of the greatest classic game mechanics techniques. All written in a fun and friendly style with completed projects and open-ended exercises that encourage you to build and to include your own game assets and features. You’ll also download supporting tools to classify the book’s snippets and add your own modification.
Phaser III Game Starter Kit Collection contains several sections. It start with an Introduction into game perspective, modes, genres, workstation set-up and generation tools. Part I demonstrates basic game mechanisms using Phaser. Each chapter is a separate game mechanic for Phaser3 in this volume! This is a reference book; simply turn to the game you'd like to create. In a matter of hours, you will have a working game prototype for that game mechanics. You then add your own artwork and additional game features; over the next few days, you have your own completed game ready to deploy in the "apps" stores. I consider this a joint effort. You might consider this a joint effort: I am your game programmer and you are the game designer, artist and marketer.
Phaser Game Starter Kit Collection (a sister volume) is similar to this book's Part II but all the tutorials are written in Phaser official and community editions in a separate volume. Part IV is a massive collection of 59+ Flash ActionScript games just waiting for you to transpile into either Phaser v2 or Phaser3. Part V holds several starter kits essential for multiplayer games using web sockets.
You’ll find detailed working examples, with dozens of illustrations and many concepts you can freely apply to your own gaming projects. All the source code annotations enhance the book’s explanation.
What you’ll learn:
By the end of this workbook, you’ll have integrated into your own game designs:
- Adopted processes for business project management and agile software development.
- Organized a standard file structure for developing games in general;
- Used a blank game template to scaffold further game projects;
- Converted and adopted the new upcoming changes in Phaser v3.
- Imported resources and game assets;
- Displayed, animated and moved game avatars on various screen renderings;
- Managed groups of game objects in v3 (once available);
- Deployed heads-up display (HUD) on game scenes both inside and outside the canvas;
- Used customized web fonts;
- Incorporated multiple game-inputs (touch, multi-touch, accelerometer, mouse and keyboard);
- Rendered several physics systems in available in v3 only;
- Included graphics effects (gfx) (particle systems, rotations, fades, shaders and more);
- Created and managed game state-phases;
- Managed permanent game assets across state-phases;
- Optimized your game for various mobile devices;
- Deploy single- and multi-player games.
- Web Sockets demystified for scalable massive online game deployments.
Who This Book Is For:
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.