Phaser Game Starter Kit Collection (The Book and bonus content)
This book is 75% complete
Last updated on 2018-06-21
About the Book
Phaser Game Starter Kit Collection is a hands-on guide for making browser games using both Phaser Gaming Framework versions 2.6.2, community released editions. This book is the entire collection of single chapters available from Amazon, and delves into 16 of the greatest classic game mechanics techniques. All written in a fun and friendly style with completed projects and open-ended exercises that encourage you to build and to include your own game assets and features. You’ll also download supporting tools to classify the book’s snippets and add your own modification.
Phaser Game Starter Kit Collection contains several sections. It start with an Introduction into game perspective, modes, genres, workstation set-up and generation tools. Part I demonstrates basic game mechanisms using Phaser Official and the community edition versions. Each chapter is a separate game mechanic -- 16 for v2 and 16 for Phaser3 in its joint volume! This is a reference book; simply turn to the game you'd like to create. In a matter of hours, you will have a working game prototype for that game mechanics. You then add your own artwork and additional game features; over the next few days, you have your own completed game ready to deploy in the "apps" stores. I consider this a joint effort. You might consider this a joint effort: I am your game programmer and you are the game designer, artist and marketer.
Phaser III Game Starter Kit Collection (a sister volume) is similar to this book's Part II but all the tutorials are written in Phaser3 in a jointed second volume. Part IV is a massive collection of 59+ Flash ActionScript games just waiting for you to transpile into either Phaser v2 or Phaser3. Part V holds all the starter kits essentials for multiplayer games using web sockets.
You’ll find detailed working examples, with dozens of illustrations and many concepts you can freely apply to your own gaming projects. All the source code annotations enhance the book’s explanation.
What you’ll learn:
By the end of this workbook, you’ll have integrated into your own game designs:
- Adopted processes for business project management and agile software development.
- Organized a standard file structure for developing games in general;
- Used a blank game template to scaffold further game projects;
- Converted and adopted the new upcoming changes in Phaser v3.
- Imported resources and game assets;
- Displayed, animated and moved game avatars on various screen renderings;
- Managed groups of game objects in v2 or v3 (once available);
- Deployed heads-up display (HUD) on game scenes both inside and outside the canvas;
- Used customized web fonts;
- Incorporated multiple game-inputs (touch, multi-touch, accelerometer, mouse and keyboard);
- Rendered several physics systems in v2 or v3;
- Included graphics effects (gfx) (particle systems, rotations, fades, shaders and more);
- Created and managed game state-phases;
- Managed permanent game assets across state-phases;
- Optimized your game for various mobile devices;
- Integrated 3rd-party scripts and services for v2.
- Deploy single- and multi-player games.
- Web Sockets demystified for scalable massive online game deployments.
Who This Book Is For:
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...