About the Book
What you will learn from reading this book :
- Structuring web applications using Backbone/Marionette
- Modular design patterns using RequireJS/AMD
- Decoupled application architecture using Pub/Sub, Request/Response and Command patterns
- Handle REST API's with Backbone.Collection
- Endless scrolling in a Backbone.Collection and CompositeView
- Advanced client-side routing concepts
- Complex client-side views with layouts, regions and compound views
- "Loading Views" via Brian Mann/BackboneRails.com
- Interactive UI using D3 Data-Visualzations in a Marionette itemview
- Hybrid "Asset Pipeline" using RequireJS/AMD.
- Open source package managers: Bower and NPM
- Build minimized app and deploy to Cloud9 or Heroku
- Bootstrap and responsive web design. Look good on mobile, tablet or desktop
- CoffeeScript Love
Follow me as I take you through my own open source journey as you write a scaleable Marionette application using a hybrid AMD/Rails "asset pipeline" approach.
Each chapter plans on breaking down my own application I've created, going through the bits and pieces, as well as just getting started creating your very own Marionette application.
// Note from me! //
Hey guys, as you can see, the book is listed as 100%. I feel that the work is done. I need to move on to other projects. I have other work to do.
If there is anything that you feel fuzzy on, and would like me to take a better stab at, please, I encourage you to reach out to me and let me know.
I will do what I can do to rework things.
Thanks for everything !
About the Author
Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/Jack_Killilea
Github - https://www.github.com/xjackk
Personal Site - http://jackkillilea.com
Feel free to reach out to me and talk. I don't bite.