A complete guide to #lego4scrum - a great way to teach the Scrum framework and Agile thinking.
About the Book
lego4scrum has been known since the first paper written back in 2009. Since that time thousands of people facilitated this business simulation to demonstrate the power of the Agile principles and the Scrum framework.
This book combines the learnings of the past eight years facilitating lego4scrum workshops with groups of 10 to 150 participants.
This book is written for:
- Scrum Trainers exploring way of adding more elements of interactivity and gaming into the trainings turning them more to “from the back of the room” kind of things.
- Agile Coaches looking for new training and coaching ideas with some elements of serious plays and simulations.
- Scrum Masters willing to get ideas how to introduce agile thinking to new teams and newcomers in a fun and easy way.
- Professors and Teachers trying to adapt their teaching style to the ever-changing world that is full of games, fun and LEGO.
- Anyone else who is in charge of "installing Agile thinking and Scrum in a workspace".
lego4scrum 3.0 incorporates the following popular agile coaching techniques:
- user story mapping
- magic estimates
- overall backlog refinement with multiple teams
- joint multi-team scrum meetings
- continuous integration and deployment
- and more little tips and tricks to make the simulation valuable and fun.
Get the book, get some LEGOs and have fun with this.
- Foreword by Henrik Kniberg
About the 3rd Edition
- This Book Is For You
- A Complete Guide (But Not Final)
- What’s New In This Edition (And Why You Need To Have One)
The Huge Success of lego4scrum - Thanks to You!
- Translation Project
- The Marvellous Community
- Stay Tuned!
Before You Unpack LEGO
- Unfold Your Agile Mindset
Game Design and Principles of lego4scrum
- Am I Allowed To Customize lego4scrum?
- Principles Behind lego4scrum
- A Summary: Don’t Call It lego4scrum, If
Walking Skeleton of the Simulation
- Pre-game: Defining the Product
- In-game: Building the Product
- Post-game: Debrief
- Next Chapters
Preparing the Learning Environment
- Room Setup
- Stationary and Materials
- Duct Tape
Pre-game: Defining the Product
- Setting the Stage
- Forming Teams and Selecting Roles
- Pitching the Vision
- A Product Board as a User Story Mapping
- Ideating Backlog Items (aka Features or User Stories)
- Refining the Product Backlog (Overall Backlog Refinement)
- Re-Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Next: How about Building Something, Actually?
In-game: Building the Product
- Planning a Sprint
- Building an Increment
- Reviewing an Increment
- Retrospecting the Process
- Planning Next Sprint
- Post-game: Debrief
Getting More of lego4scrum: Three Simulation Dimensions
- Dimension 1: Product Owner and Development Teams
- Dimension 2: Customers and Product Organization
- Dimension 3: Large-Scale Scrum
- Picking the Right Dimension
- If this is all too abstract…
Bonus Chapter: Ideas on Running Scaled lego4scrum
- Things to Consider When Going Large Scale
- Using LeSS Huge Framework
- Scaled lego4scrum Product Vision
- Introducing Product Dependencies
- Self-Designing Teams
- Product Strategy
- Initial Product Backlog Refinement
- In-Game Money
- Scaled Simulation Outline
- Hungry for More Information on Running Scaled Workshops?
- That’s All, Folks!
About The Author
- Who am I?
- Powder skiing, friends, juices and lego4scrum
- My blogs and resources online
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Digital-First EventsJoep Piscaer and Jana Boruta
The only resource you will ever need to launch your digital events program.
Algebra-Driven DesignSandy Maguire
A how-to field guide on building leak-free abstractions and algebraically designing real-world applications.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
R Programming for Data ScienceRoger D. Peng
This book brings the fundamentals of R programming to you, using the same material developed as part of the industry-leading Johns Hopkins Data Science Specialization. The skills taught in this book will lay the foundation for you to begin your journey learning data science. Printed copies of this book are available through Lulu.
Continuous Delivery PipelinesDave Farley
This practical handbook provides a step-by-step guide for you to get the best continuous delivery pipeline for your software.
Cloud StrategyGregor Hohpe
“Strategy is the difference between making a wish and making it come true.” A successful migration to the cloud can transform your organization, but it shouldn’t be driven by wishes. This book tells you how to develop a sound strategy guided by frameworks and decision models without being overly abstract nor getting lost in product details.
node-opcua by exampleEtienne Rossignon
Get the best out of node-opcua through a set of documented examples by the author himself that will allow you to create stunning OPCUA Servers or Clients.
Technical leadership and the balance with agilitySimon Brown
A developer-friendly, practical and pragmatic guide to lightweight software architecture, technical leadership and the balance with agility.
Everyday Rails - RSpecによるRailsテスト入門Junichi Ito (伊藤淳一), AKIMOTO Toshiharu, 魚振江, and Aaron Sumner
RSpecを使ってRailsアプリケーションに信頼性の高いテストを書く実践的なアドバイスを提供します。詳細で丁寧な説明は本書のオリジナルコンテンツです。また、説明には実際に動かせるサンプルアプリケーションも使用します。本書は2017年版にアップデートされ、RSpec 3.6やRails 5.1といった新しい環境に対応しています！さあ、自信をもってテストできるようになりましょう！
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
CCIE Service Provider Ultimate Study Bundle
2 BooksPiotr Jablonski, Lukasz Bromirski, and Nick Russo have joined forces to deliver the only CCIE Service Provider training resource you'll ever need. This bundle contains a detailed and challenging collection of workbook labs, plus an extensively detailed technical reference guide. All of us have earned the CCIE Service Provider certification...
Modern C++ by Nicolai Josuttis
Django for Beginners/APIs/Professionals
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
2 BooksDocker and Kubernetes are taking the world by storm! These books will get you up-to-speed fast! Docker Deep Dive is over 400 pages long, and covers all objectives on the Docker Certified Associate exam.The Kubernetes Book includes everything you need to get up and running with Kubernetes!
The Python Craftsman
3 BooksThe Python Craftsman series comprises The Python Apprentice, The Python Journeyman, and The Python Master. The first book is primarily suitable for for programmers with some experience of programming in another language. If you don't have any experience with programming this book may be a bit daunting. You'll be learning not just a programming...
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
Linux Administration Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du Guide Linux Administration :Linux Administration, Volume 1, Administration fondamentale : Guide pratique de préparation aux examens de certification LPIC 1, Linux Essentials, RHCSA et LFCS. Administration fondamentale. Introduction à Linux. Le Shell. Traitement du texte. Arborescence de fichiers. Sécurité...