Land your dream web developer job
Last updated on 2019-11-21
About the Book
It can be pretty daunting applying for web development jobs. How do I create a CV/Resume? What can I expect during the interview process? What questions will I get asked? I've put my experience of being an interviewer (and, interviewee) into this short book to help you land your dream web development job.
Who is this book for?
No matter if you're a self-taught developer, college graduate, or recently completed a Bootcamp, you will find something useful in this book.
- Decide what role you want to go for
- Decide what type of company you are going to join
- Finding the job
- Have you got a portfolio?
Craft a Resume
- Getting into the right mindset
- What makes a good Junior developer Resume?
- Tailor it to the company
- How should you structure a Resume?
- Personal Details, Contact Details, Links
- Software Projects
- Accomplishments, hobbies, and Skills
- What not to do
Memorise your Resume
- Learn about the company and technologies
- Prepare your answers & stories in advance
- Practice your technical knowledge
- What to expect in the interview process
- Initial Chat
- Phone Screening
- Face to Face interview
- On the Day
- Conquering the The Coding Challenge
- Ask smart questions
- Watch for red flags
- The waiting game
- Some final thoughts
- Appendix 1 - Competency questions
- Appendix 2 - Technical questions
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.