Practical Artificial Intelligence Programming With Java
Practical Artificial Intelligence Programming With Java
Fifth Edition (July 2020)
About the Book
This book covers a variety of topics dealing with Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks and Deep Learning, Information Gathering, and two new chapters on the Semantic Web (and one previous chapter on the Semantic Web that has been heavily modified)
The book example code is dual licenced under the Apache 2 and GPL 3 licenses. You may want to look at the book example programs at the github repository for this book before purchasing this book.
- Other JVM Languages
- Github Repository for Book Software
- Use of Java Generics and Native Types
- Notes on Java Coding Styles Used in this Book
- Book Summary
- Representation of Search State Space and Search Operators
- Finding Paths in Mazes
- Finding Paths in Graphs
- Adding Heuristics to Breadth First Search
- Search and Game Playing: Tic-Tac-Toe and Chess
- PowerLoom Overview
- Running PowerLoom Interactively
- Using the PowerLoom APIs in Java Programs
- Suggestions for Further Study
- Relational Database Model Has Problems Dealing with Rapidly Changing Data Requirements
- RDF: The Universal Data Format
- Extending RDF with RDF Schema
- The SPARQL Query Language
- Using Sesame
- OWL: The Web Ontology Language
- Knowledge Representation and REST
- Material for Further Study
- Production Systems
- The Drools Rules Language
- Using Drools in Java Applications
- Example Drools Expert System: Blocks World
- Example Drools Expert System: Help Desk System
- Notes on the Craft of Building Expert Systems
- Java Library for Genetic Algorithms
- Finding the Maximum Value of a Function
Machine Learning with Weka
- Using Weka’s Interactive GUI Application
- Interactive Command Line Use of Weka
- Embedding Weka in a Java Application
- Suggestions for Further Study
- Hopfield Neural Networks
- Java Classes for Hopfield Neural Networks
- Testing the Hopfield Neural Network Class
- Back Propagation Neural Networks
- A Java Class Library for Back Propagation
- Adding Momentum to Speed Up Back-Prop Training
Statistical Natural Language Processing
- Tokenizing, Stemming, and Part of Speech Tagging Text
- Named Entity Extraction From Text
- Using the WordNet Linguistic Database
- Automatically Assigning Tags to Text
- Text Clustering
- Spelling Correction
- Hidden Markov Models
- Open Calais
- Information Discovery in Relational Databases
- Down to the Bare Metal: In-Memory Index and Search
- Indexing and Search Using Embedded Lucene
- Indexing and Search with Nutch Clients
Data Science Techniques
- A Mix of Open Source and Proprietary Tools
- Handling “small big data” in a Cost Effective Way
- Writing and Testing MapReduce Applications
- Example Application: MapReduce Application for Finding Proper Names in Text
- Using Inexpensive Large Memory Leased Servers
- Example Application Idea: Using the Google Book Project NGRAM Data Sets
- Example Application Idea: Using Wikipedia Data Dumps
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
El Manual del ManagerKeyvan Akbary, Félix López, and Álvaro Salazar
¿Has deseado alguna vez el haber tenido una buena introducción al rol del Engineering Manager? En este libro aprenderás lo necesario para ejercer el rol de una manera efectiva: Expectativas y Responsabilidades del Rol, 1-1s, Ayudar a Crecer, Objetivos, Planes de Carrera, Cultura, Feedback, Contratación, Cultura de Producto y mucho más.
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
Ansible for KubernetesJeff Geerling
Ansible is a powerful infrastructure automation tool. Kubernetes is a powerful application deployment platform. Learn how to use these tools to automate massively-scalable, highly-available infrastructure.
Practical FP in Scala: A hands-on approachGabriel Volpe
A practical book aimed for those familiar with functional programming in Scala who are yet not confident about architecting an application from scratch.
Together, we will develop a purely functional application using the best libraries in the Cats ecosystem, while learning about design patterns and best practices.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Tame your Work FlowSteve Tendon and Daniel Doiron
Do you need a high performance enterprise governance approach improving management, execution and delivery while dealing with multiple projects/products, events, stakeholders and teams? Giving you better bottom line results, faster time to market, less work, better predictability, happier employees, and delighted clients? Then learn about TameFlow!
Production HaskellMatt Parsons
Are you excited about Haskell, but don't know where to begin? Are you thrilled by the technical advantages, but worried about the unknown pitfalls? This book has you covered.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Cloud StrategyGregor Hohpe
“Strategy is the difference between making a wish and making it come true.” A successful migration to the cloud shouldn’t be driven by wishes, but guided by a sound strategy, frameworks, and decision models. This book tells you how—without becoming superficial nor getting lost in technology and product details.
Composing SoftwareEric Elliott
All software design is composition: the act of breaking complex problems down into smaller problems and composing those solutions. Most developers have a limited understanding of compositional techniques. It's time for that to change.
11 BooksThe Quality Software Bundle is for managers, would-be managers, and any of us who find themselves being managed and confused. This comprehensive bundle covers the entire span of software development approaches, from hacking through waterfall, cascade, prototyping, Iterative enhancement, reusable code, off-the-shelf, to Agile teams. The bundle...
The Node.js Bundle
3 BooksThis bundle combines three bestselling Leanpub Node.js books into a package that gives you everything you need to get started with developing Node.js applications at an unbeatable price.
The Tester's Library
8 BooksThe Tester's Library consists of eight five-star books that every software tester should read and re-read. As bound books, this collection would cost over $200. Even as e-books, their price would exceed $80, but in this bundle, their cost is only $49.99. Here are the books, and why they should be in your library: Perfect Software and Other...
11 BooksIn this bundle, you will find 10 different agile books. They are about different aspects of being agile. - finding a job - doing coding dojo's - Retrospectives - Personal kanban - a non-typical coaching book and even a book that gives you an insight in the lives of some agile people.
WTFlop 6M + HU - Beta Bundle
Marionette.js A to Z
Complete Scala Bundle
3 BooksScala is a general-purpose programming language and it's getting extremely popular these days. Some say that learning Scala could be a challenging task. My experience, however, suggests that this is actually a myth that has very little to do with reality. With the right approach, learning Scala can be easy, fun and rewarding.The first book from...
Build A Better Backbone App
3 BooksThe best way to learn new development skills is through experience, but that takes time you don't have.Get the best of both worlds with this bundle: you'll learn how to produce modern web applications by learning from experienced developers like Derick Bailey and David Sulc. BackboneJS is one of the favorite tools on the web today, but it...
People Skills—Soft but Difficult
7 BooksPerhaps you've been told that "lack of people skills" has been holding you back. No wonder: you may have had hundreds of hours of technical training, but little or no "people skills" guidance.You've heard it said that people skills are "soft," whereas technical skills are "hard." For you, though, technical skills are "easy," but people skills...
SurviveJS - Webpack + React
2 BooksGet both SurviveJS - Webpack and SurviveJS - React for a single price!