About the Book
Most IoT books are myopically focussed on the “thing” like Raspberry Pi and not the entire stack. The value is not in the “thing” but the data that is collected from the field. The value is when the right data is collected, reliably stored, and knowledge computed to arrive at actionable outcomes. This book is written to equip Developers and Data scientists with all the necessary skills/tools on Edge to Cloud Data management and Analytics. The concepts will help lay the foundations, followed with deep dives on architecture and hand-on coding. Along the way a vast trove of learning materials will be shared to help go beyond whats covered here.
In the Capstone project we will simulate a smart IoT power grid which gathers power shortfall and takes decisions in real time to switch on the right Power plants to generate additional power in the most efficient fashion.
What you will learn:
- How data flows from IoT device to the cloud, along with variety of OT and IT protocols used
- Variety of IoT Field Gateway architectures and software. Example: Node-red, Kura etc
- Variety of IoT Cloud Gateway architectures and software. Example: Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ etc
- Tools for storing massive amounts of IoT data in the cloud. Example: Apache Cassandra, MongoDB etc
- Statistical techniques for analytics. Example: Anomaly detection using Statistics
- Machine learning techniques for analytics. Example: Linear Regression, Clustering and Classification
- Deep learning techniques for analytics. Example: Neural Networks
- Variety of tools to run these analytics in the cloud. Example: Apache Spark etc
- Tools to storing data on the edge. Example: SQLite
- Tools and Techniques to perform Edge Analytics.
Who is this book for:
- This book is written to equip Developers and Data scientists with all the necessary skills/tools on Edge to Cloud Data management and Analytics.
About the Author
Sree is currently a Staff Technical Product Manger leading the product execution for Predix Data & Analytics team, an Industrial IoT platform from GE. Sree has deep expertise in Big Data and Analytics having shipped several pivotal enterprise and consumer products using by millions of customers billions of times a week.