Has God Indeed Said?
Last updated on 2018-02-12
About the Book
Jesus said "till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled".
How can we know which copy of the Greek texts contains the correct jots and tittles?
1. The Challenge to the Biblical Text: “Has God Indeed Said?”
- The Egyptian Texts Are Corrupt
- The Two Primary Egyptian Texts
- Humanistic versus Biblical Presuppositions
2. God Has Indeed Spoken: Proper Use of Textual Criticism
- 1. Every Word Preserved
- 2. Accountable to Every Word
- 3. Protective Providence
- 4. Faithful Transmission
- 5. Suspect Grammar
- 6. No Guessing Allowed
- 7. Suspect Singular Witnesses
- 8. The Issue of Numbers
- 9. Isolation of Errant Texts
- 10. Number, Weight, and Age
- 11. Caution with Internal Evidence Assumptions
- Conclusion: What Authority Guides Us?
3. Examination of Alexandrian Texts
- Why Should We Listen to Egypt?
- The Proper Attitude Toward the Text
- The Necessity of Proficiency
- Who Had Access to the Autographs?
- Can Alexandrian Manuscripts be Trusted?
- About the Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...