Grunt Cookbook (The Book + Code Samples)
Effective Recipes To Master Grunt
About the Book
This cookbook is full of all sorts of quick and simple recipes to help do those common tasks. Use it to learn how to get started, see more advanced topics, or just keep it as a helpful reference guide for all the grunt tasks. You'll get to see:
- Generating docs with embedded runnable examples
- Add code coverage to any tests
- Pop up desktop notifications when tasks complete
- Running grunt tasks in Jenkins
- Run grunt tasks in git precommit
- and many more...
The book covers using Grunt on most frameworks including Angular, jQuery, Backbone and Sencha.
The Book + Code Samples
Get the ebook and a zip with examples for nearly all the recipe's in the book. If you're anything like me, you'll want to see real working examples, demonstrating: (1) The final Gruntfile.js for each recipe. (2) Where the source files are on disk for the given configuration. (3) Where the output will get written to. (4) Any additional files that are sometimes just "obvious" to developers, but not to beginners. All the recipe's in the book were written around these examples to make sure you don't get some half broken, outdated code. With these examples you'll get to see them in action with the right dependencies at the time of writing. They're based around the Todo MVC project (http://todomvc.com/) and each one is packaged as a Git repository with multiple branches so you can see the different stages and configurations in each recipe in a single place.
Get the ebook which currently includes 17 in-depth recipes across a number of topics. There is plenty of code to copy and paste. If you'd like to see full working example then it is recommended to buy "The Book + Code Samples". This includes example projects against which all the recipes were created and includes git branches for each stage of the recipe.
- Contact Me
Getting Started With Grunt
- Installing node and grunt CLI
- Adding Grunt to an existing project
- Running tasks when files are added, edited or deleted
- Copying files from one directory to another
- Concating Require.js files
- Compiling Compass Files
- Compiling LESS files
- Compiling CoffeeScript
- Compiling TypeScript
- Compiling ES6 (Harmony) Code For Use In Older Browsers
Code Validation And Testing
- Using Grunt to enforce coding standards
- Using an external .jshintrc file
- Finding complex classes which could need refactoring
- Validating CSS files and Integrating into Continuous Integration
- Running Jasmine Tests on the Command Line, in a Browser and in Continuous Integration
- Adding Code Coverage To Jasmine Tests and Integrating With Continuous Integration
- Embedded Runnable Examples in Documentation
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.