This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2014-06-09
About the Book
This book is a practical, pragmatic and lightweight guide to FFMPEG processing.
FFMPEG processing introduces you to a range of video and audio processing techniques using the command line tool FFMPEG.
1. Getting started with FFmpeg
- 1.1 What is FFmpeg?
- 1.2 Components of FFmpeg
- 1.3 Compression
- 1.4 Bitrates
- 1.5 Audio Sampling Frequency
- 1.6 Frame rate
- 1.7 Containers
- 1.8 Installing FFMPEG
- 1.9 FFmpeg Command syntax
2. Audio Processing
2.1 Transcoding audio files
- 2.1.1 Introduction to Transcoding
- 2.1.2 Audio compression
- 2.1.3 Getting your audio file ready
- 2.1.4 Transcoding your audio file to a different format
- 2.1.5 Changing the bitrate of the audio
- 2.1.6 Audio grabbing
- 2.2 Some Popular Audio Formats
- 2.3 Audio Processing Recipes
- 2.1 Transcoding audio files
3. Video Processing
3.1 Transcoding video files
- 3.1.1 Video transcoding introduction
- 3.1.2 Setting the resolution or frame size of a video
- 3.2 Extracting images from a video
3.3 Misc. video processing tasks
- 3.3.1 Extract a video segment
- 3.3.2 Splitting a video
- 3.3.3 Combining or stitching videos
- 3.3.4 Recording a screencast
- 3.4 Video processing recipes
- 3.5 Some popular video formats
- 3.1 Transcoding video files
4.1 Applying video filters
- 4.1.1 Cropping videos
- 4.1.2 Expressions and constants
- 4.1.3 Padding videos
- 4.1.4 Flipping videos
- 4.1.5 Draw Box
- 4.1.6 Overlay - Watermarking your videos
- 4.1.7 Sharpening and Blurring videos
- 4.1.8 Transpose
- 4.2 Chaining filters
- 4.1 Applying video filters
5. Integrating FFmpeg with PHP
- 5.1 Calling executable programs from PHP
- 5.2 Common problems encountered
6. FFmpeg Options
- A.1 Generic options
- A.2 Main options
- A.3 Audio options
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.