Everyday Unit Testing
Last updated on 2016-05-07
About the Book
Everyday Unit Testing is about practical techniques and approaches to the things they don't tell you when you start to unit test. From tools to organization, what makes good tests to maintaining them as they grow old, this book touches on the real-life experience of unit testing and TDD.
This book is published incrementally. Every feedback is welcome.
You can contact me on:
- Release Notes
- Why Another Unit Testing Book?
- Testing Is A Mindset
- A Bit Of History…
- Selling Unit Testing
- The Deceptive Cost of Writing Tests
- The Actual Cost of Tests
- The Real Time Sink
- Unit vs. Integration Tests
- Risk And Reward
- Maintenance Costs
- The Stairs
- The Hump
- The Death Spiral Of Slow Tests
- The Mocking Trap
- Reluctant Teams
- Test Frameworks
- Mocking Frameworks
- Refactoring Tools
- Coverage Tools
- Source Control
- Continuous Integration Tools
- Step 1: Understanding the problem.
- Step 2: Designing a solution.
- Step 3: Test categorization
- Step 4: Testability design considerations
- Step 5: Identify design constraints
- Step 6: Prepare existing code
- Step 7: Write the tests.
- Step 8: Review
- Step 9: Knowledge sharing
- Testability and Good Design
- Should We Write That Test?
- What Bug Will It Find?
- Testing error handling and exceptions
- Multiple Asserts: Yea or Nay?
From Legacy Code To Testable Code
- Improve Understanding
- Improving Accessibility
- Removing dependencies
- Deceptively Simple
- The #1 Benefit of TDD
- Introducing TDD
- Emergent Design
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.