Easy Laravel 5
Easy Laravel 5
A Hands On Introduction Using a Real-World Project
About the Book
Easy Laravel 5 is a fun, hands-on guide to the powerful Laravel framework. You'll learn how to quickly implement your own project idea by following along with the creation of a real-world project covering concepts such as models, views, resourceful controllers and forms integration. You'll also learn all about key Laravel features, including Eloquent, model relationships, form requests, Laravel Mix, user account registration, authentication, and management, and Vue.js.
Check out the revamped http://www.easylaravelbook.com for more information about the author, table of contents, and companion videos. You'll also find dozens of adapted book excerpts over on the blog.
- Introducing the HackerPair Companion Project
- About this Book
- About W. Jason Gilmore
- Errata and Suggestions
Chapter 1. Introducing Laravel
- Installing the Laravel Installer
- Managing Your Local Laravel Project Hosting Environment
- Perusing the HackerPair Skeleton Code
- Configuring Your Laravel Application
- Useful Development and Debugging Tools
- Testing Your Laravel Application
Chapter 2. Managing Your Project Controllers, Layout, Views, and Other Assets
- Creating Your First View
- Creating Your First Controller
- Managing Your Application Routes
- Introducing the Blade Template Engine
- Introducing Laravel Mix
- Project Exercise: Build the HackerPair Skeleton
- Testing the Project Skeleton with Laravel Dusk
Chapter 3. Talking to the Database
- Configuring Your Project Database
- Introducing the Eloquent ORM
- Creating Your First Model
- Introducing Migrations
- Seeding the Database
- Introducing Resourceful (RESTful) Controllers
- Creating a Resourceful Controller
- Tweaking Your Eloquent Queries
- Introducing Query Builder
Chapter 4. Customizing Your Models
- Managing Model Dates and Times
- Defining Accessors and Mutators
- Introducing Query Scopes
- Creating Sluggable URLs
- Testing Your Models
Chapter 5. Creating, Updating, and Deleting Data
- Inserting Records Into the Database
- Updating Existing Records
- Deleting Records
- Implementing the Event Controller’s Remaining Resourceful Actions
- Integrating Flash Notifications
- Updating an Event
Chapter 6. Validating User Input
- Introducing Validation Rules
- Introducing Form Requests
Chapter 7. Creating and Managing Model Relationships
- Introducing Relations
- Introducing One-to-One Relations
- Introducing the Belongs To Relationship
- Introducing One-to-Many (Has Many) Relationships
- Introducing Many-to-Many Relations
- Introducing Has Many Through Relations
- Introducing Polymorphic Relations
- Eager Loading
Chapter 8. Sending E-mails
- Creating the Contact Form
- Creating the Contact Form Request
- Configuring Laravel’s Mail Component
- Generating the Mailable Class
- Protecting Your Form with a CAPTCHA
Chapter 9. Authenticating and Managing Your Users
- Registering Users
- Retrieving the Authenticated User
- Restricting Forms to Authenticated Users
- Adding Custom Fields to the Registration Form
- Allowing Login Using a Username
- Integrating OAuth with Laravel Socialite
Chapter 10. Creating a Restricted Administration Console
- Identifying Administrators
- Creating the Administration Controllers
- Restricting Access to the Administration Console
- Chapter 11. Introducing Events and Notifications
Chapter 11. Introducing Vue.js
- Installing Vue
- Creating Your First Component
- Responding to Browser Events
- Working with Props
- Rendering Lists
- Nesting Components
- Integrating AJAX Requests with Axios
Chapter 12. Creating an Application API with Laravel Passport
- API Fundamentals
- Introducing Laravel’s API Infrastructure
- Creating an API Endpoint
- Creating New Events via the API
- Introducing Laravel Passport
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.