Easy Laravel 5
Easy Laravel 5
A Hands On Introduction Using a Real-World Project
About the Book
Easy Laravel 5 is a fun, hands-on guide to the powerful Laravel framework. You'll learn how to quickly implement your own project idea by following along with the creation of a real-world project covering concepts such as models, views, resourceful controllers and forms integration. You'll also learn all about key Laravel features, including Eloquent, model relationships, form requests, Laravel Mix, user account registration, authentication, and management, and Vue.js.
Check out the revamped http://www.easylaravelbook.com for more information about the author, table of contents, and companion videos. You'll also find dozens of adapted book excerpts over on the blog.
- Introducing the HackerPair Companion Project
- About this Book
- About W. Jason Gilmore
- Errata and Suggestions
Chapter 1. Introducing Laravel
- Installing the Laravel Installer
- Managing Your Local Laravel Project Hosting Environment
- Perusing the HackerPair Skeleton Code
- Configuring Your Laravel Application
- Useful Development and Debugging Tools
- Testing Your Laravel Application
Chapter 2. Managing Your Project Controllers, Layout, Views, and Other Assets
- Creating Your First View
- Creating Your First Controller
- Managing Your Application Routes
- Introducing the Blade Template Engine
- Introducing Laravel Mix
- Project Exercise: Build the HackerPair Skeleton
- Testing the Project Skeleton with Laravel Dusk
Chapter 3. Talking to the Database
- Configuring Your Project Database
- Introducing the Eloquent ORM
- Creating Your First Model
- Introducing Migrations
- Seeding the Database
- Introducing Resourceful (RESTful) Controllers
- Creating a Resourceful Controller
- Tweaking Your Eloquent Queries
- Introducing Query Builder
Chapter 4. Customizing Your Models
- Managing Model Dates and Times
- Defining Accessors and Mutators
- Introducing Query Scopes
- Creating Sluggable URLs
- Testing Your Models
Chapter 5. Creating, Updating, and Deleting Data
- Inserting Records Into the Database
- Updating Existing Records
- Deleting Records
- Implementing the Event Controller’s Remaining Resourceful Actions
- Integrating Flash Notifications
- Updating an Event
Chapter 6. Validating User Input
- Introducing Validation Rules
- Introducing Form Requests
Chapter 7. Creating and Managing Model Relationships
- Introducing Relations
- Introducing One-to-One Relations
- Introducing the Belongs To Relationship
- Introducing One-to-Many (Has Many) Relationships
- Introducing Many-to-Many Relations
- Introducing Has Many Through Relations
- Introducing Polymorphic Relations
- Eager Loading
Chapter 8. Sending E-mails
- Creating the Contact Form
- Creating the Contact Form Request
- Configuring Laravel’s Mail Component
- Generating the Mailable Class
- Protecting Your Form with a CAPTCHA
Chapter 9. Authenticating and Managing Your Users
- Registering Users
- Retrieving the Authenticated User
- Restricting Forms to Authenticated Users
- Adding Custom Fields to the Registration Form
- Allowing Login Using a Username
- Integrating OAuth with Laravel Socialite
Chapter 10. Creating a Restricted Administration Console
- Identifying Administrators
- Creating the Administration Controllers
- Restricting Access to the Administration Console
- Chapter 11. Introducing Events and Notifications
Chapter 11. Introducing Vue.js
- Installing Vue
- Creating Your First Component
- Responding to Browser Events
- Working with Props
- Rendering Lists
- Nesting Components
- Integrating AJAX Requests with Axios
Chapter 12. Creating an Application API with Laravel Passport
- API Fundamentals
- Introducing Laravel’s API Infrastructure
- Creating an API Endpoint
- Creating New Events via the API
- Introducing Laravel Passport
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Digital-First EventsJoep Piscaer and Jana Boruta
The only resource you will ever need to launch your digital events program.
node-opcua by exampleEtienne Rossignon
Get the best out of node-opcua through a set of documented examples by the author himself that will allow you to create stunning OPCUA Servers or Clients.
Cloud StrategyGregor Hohpe
“Strategy is the difference between making a wish and making it come true.” A successful migration to the cloud can transform your organization, but it shouldn’t be driven by wishes. This book tells you how to develop a sound strategy guided by frameworks and decision models without being overly abstract nor getting lost in product details.
R Programming for Data ScienceRoger D. Peng
This book brings the fundamentals of R programming to you, using the same material developed as part of the industry-leading Johns Hopkins Data Science Specialization. The skills taught in this book will lay the foundation for you to begin your journey learning data science. Printed copies of this book are available through Lulu.
C++20 is the next big C++ standard after C++11. As C++11 did it, C++20 changes the way we program modern C++. This change is, in particular, due to the big four of C++20: ranges, coroutines, concepts, and modules.
The book is almost daily updated. These incremental updates ease my interaction with the proofreaders.
Sockets and PipesType Classes
Sockets and Pipes is not an introduction to Haskell; it is an introduction to writing software in Haskell. Using a handful of everyday Haskell libraries, this book walks through reading the HTTP specification and implementing it to create a web server.
Atomic KotlinBruce Eckel and Svetlana Isakova
For both beginning and experienced programmers! From the author of the multi-award-winning Thinking in C++ and Thinking in Java together with a member of the Kotlin language team comes a book that breaks the concepts into small, easy-to-digest "atoms," along with exercises supported by hints and solutions directly inside IntelliJ IDEA!
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Introducing EventStormingAlberto Brandolini
The deepest tutorial and explanation about EventStorming, straight from the inventor.
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
Django for Beginners/APIs/Professionals
CCIE Service Provider Ultimate Study Bundle
2 BooksPiotr Jablonski, Lukasz Bromirski, and Nick Russo have joined forces to deliver the only CCIE Service Provider training resource you'll ever need. This bundle contains a detailed and challenging collection of workbook labs, plus an extensively detailed technical reference guide. All of us have earned the CCIE Service Provider certification...
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
Linux Administration Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du Guide Linux Administration :Linux Administration, Volume 1, Administration fondamentale : Guide pratique de préparation aux examens de certification LPIC 1, Linux Essentials, RHCSA et LFCS. Administration fondamentale. Introduction à Linux. Le Shell. Traitement du texte. Arborescence de fichiers. Sécurité...
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
All the Books of The Medical Futurist
6 BooksWe put together the most popular books from The Medical Futurist to provide a clear picture about the major trends shaping the future of medicine and healthcare. Digital health technologies, artificial intelligence, the future of 20 medical specialties, big pharma, data privacy, digital health investments and how technology giants such as Amazon...
Cloud Architect: Transform Technology and Organization
2 BooksArchitects don't just recite product names and features. They understand the options, decisions, and trade-offs behind them. They earn credibility and maintain authenticity by connecting the penthouse with the engine room. Get two essential books that redefine the role of the software and IT architect at one low price:37 Things One Architect...
2 BooksDocker and Kubernetes are taking the world by storm! These books will get you up-to-speed fast! Docker Deep Dive is over 400 pages long, and covers all objectives on the Docker Certified Associate exam.The Kubernetes Book includes everything you need to get up and running with Kubernetes!