A computer developer's perspective of doing business online
About the Book
This textbook is used in an undergraduate course on e-business offered by the Computer Science Department at Payap University, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
I GENERAL PRINCIPLES
1. Essentials of Business
- 1.1 Core Activities of a Business
- 1.2 Support functions:
- 1.3 Software to facilitate business interactions
- 2. Essentials of Business Quality Management: (ISO9001)
3. Understanding the role of IT in business
- 3.1 Enterprise Architecture
- 3.2 Business views of IT
4. Changing nature of business
- 4.1 Emerging role of brick and mortar shops
- 4.2 Nature of Online Commerce
- 1. Essentials of Business
II BUSINESS SOFTWARE MODELS
5. Business Process Model (BPM)
- 5.1 Notation
- 5.2 Sample Business Process Models
- 5.3 BPMN Model Simulation
6. Enterprise Resource (ERP)
- 6.1 Building Blocks
- 6.2 The MVC Framework
- 6.3 Testing
- 7. (Comments)
- 5. Business Process Model (BPM)
III BUSINESS SOFTWARE SYSTEMS
8. Online Store
- 8.1 Stages in Customer Purchasing Decisions
- 8.2 Business Processe to Support Shoppers
- 8.3 Steps of check out and order fulfillment
9. Customer Relations Management
- 9.1 Post sales service
- 9.2 Measuring the effectiveness of websites
10. Human Resources Management
- 10.1 Assessing Personal Temperment
- 10.2 Belbin Team Roles
- 10.3 Big 5 Behavioral Types
- 10.4 Myers Briggs Test
- 10.5 Hofstede survey on cultural dimensions
- 10.6 Job appraisal
- 10.7 Goals of HR
11. Operations Management
- 11.1 Measures of Association Rules
- 11.2 Logistics
- 8. Online Store
IV Emerging Technologies
- 12. Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- 13. Cyptocurrencies
- 14. Open Source Solutions
- 15. Thailand 4.0
16. Working remotely
- 16.1 Reasons for working remotely
Software used in this course
- Orange HR
- Sugar CRM
- Power BI
- Bonita BPM
- Online Store
- ERP - Odoo
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.