Discrete Mathematical Algorithm, and Data Structure
This book is 20% complete
Last updated on 2020-01-18
About the Book
Without the core conceptions and tools derived from discrete mathematics, one cannot understand the abstract or the general idea involving algorithm and data structures in Computer Science. The objects of data structures are basically objects of discrete mathematics. This book tries to bridge the gap between two major components of Mathematics and Computer Science.
In any computer science course, studying discrete mathematics is essential, although they are taught separately, except in a few cases. Yet, a comprehensive book, combining these two major components, is hard to find out; not only that, it is almost impossible to understand one without the help of other.
Hope, this book will fill the gap. Readers will learn discrete mathematical abstracts as well as its implementation in algorithm and data structures shown in various programming language, such as C++, Java, C#, Python and Dart. This book combines two major components of Computer Science under one roof.
The book covers the following chapters, you see below, although it's quite tentative, as it might change a little bit while writing the book.
Introduction to Discrete Mathematics
- What is Discrete Mathematics
- What is the relationship between Discrete Mathematics and Computer Science
- Introducing necessary conceptions
Introduction to Programming Language and Boolean Algebra
- Logic, Mathematics, and Programming Language
- Introduction to Boolean Algebra
What is Algorithm
- Introduction to Algorithm
- Mission Critical Algorithm to get the best result in Computer Science
- How to implement Discrete Mathematical Algorithm in Java
What is Data Structure and How it is related to Discrete Mathematical computations
- What is Data Structures and why we need to learn it
- How we can implement Discrete Mathematical conceptions in understanding Data Structures
- What are the different types of Data Structures used in C++, Java, Python, Dart and C
Set, Symmetric Difference and Propositional Logic
- What is Set in Discrete Mathematics and how it is implemented in Java Data Structures
- How we can find symmetric difference in Java
- How to implement propositional logic in Java
Combinatorial Objects, Permutation and Combination, Combination with Repetition, and Pascal’s Triangle
- What is Combinatorial object, permutation and combination and how we can implement that concepts with the help of Java
- What is combinations with repetition and how it can be implemented
- How we can implement Pascal’s Triangle in Java
Rule of Sum and Products, Truth Tables, Logic Laws
- What are rule of sum and rule of products
- How to implement truth tables and conditionals in Java
- How to implement Logic Laws and Exclusive OR in Java
Discrete Mathematical Functions and its Implementation
- What is function in Discrete Mathematics and how we can implement that concept in Java
- How to implement inverse of function and other functions that are present in Discrete Mathematics
Modular Arithmetic, Primes and GCD, and Euclidean Algorithm
- What is Modular Arithmetic
- How to find Primes and GCD
- Understanding Euclidean Algorithm and its implementation in Java
More on Algorithm and Data Structures in Java and how they are related to Discrete Mathematical conceptions
- More on Algorithm
- How to structure data in an efficient way
- More on Data Structures
Appendix: Further reading and what is Next
- Sequence and Series
- How we can use Sequence and Series to structure our Data
- What could be the next challenges to learn more about the relationship between Discrete Mathematical conceptions and Algorithm as well as Date Structures
Supporting Indigenous Peoples. Protecting the Amazon.http://amazonwatch.org
Amazon Watch is a nonprofit organization founded in 1996 to protect the rainforest and advance the rights of indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin. We partner with indigenous and environmental organizations in campaigns for human rights, corporate accountability and the preservation of the Amazon's ecological systems.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.