Is the Death Penalty Just?
Last updated on 2020-04-16
About the Book
The history of the modern Church is the story of Christians molding the Bible to the ideas of the times.
God’s Holy Word alone determine the parameters for punishment of crimes - and those parameters often provide for flexibility.
We must apply the Bible to jurisprudence and the punishment of criminals with humility.
- Why the need for Biblical justice?
- The Misuse Of Biblical Civil Law
1. Objections Answered
- Objection 1 – “If we accept the Old Testament penalty for murder, then we need to accept the death penalty for adultery, homosexuality, bestiality, blasphemy and all the rest.”
- Objection 2 - “In John 8:3-11 Christ removes the death penalty.”
- Objection 3 – “The death penalty does not deter criminals.”
- Objection 4 – “We ought to be concerned about the salvation of his soul, and the death penalty puts an end to that possibility.”
- Objection 5 – “The poor are convicted and the wealthy escape.”
- Objection 6 – “David wasn’t executed for his murder of Uriah.”
- Objection 7 – “Cain was not executed.”
- Objection 8 – “The New Testament commands us to love our enemies (Matt. 5:44), to not take ‘an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth’ (Matt. 5:38) and to not avenge ourselves since vengeance belongs to the Lord (Rom. 12:19).”
- Objection 9 - “What if an innocent man is executed?”
- Objection 10 – “Prison is more humane than capital punishment.”
- Objection 11 – “Those who advocate capital punishment are not consistently pro-life.”
- Objection 12 – “There are other legitimate forms of justice than those given in Scripture.”
- Objection 13 – “This would lead to a blood bath if we were to implement that law today because almost our entire nation is implicated in capital crimes.”
- 2. Conclusion
- Checks & Balances in God’s Legal System that Protected the Accused
- A Listing of the Capital Crimes
- About the Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.