ConfigMgr - An Administrator's Guide to Deploying Language and Regional Settings
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2019-11-13
About the Book
So you want to deploy language packs and regional settings during operating system deployment, huh?
Are you sick to death of having to use a complicated integrated MDT task sequence?
Are you fed-up of having to edit and troubleshoot unattend.xml files?
Are you tired of having to configure a jazillion task sequence variables?
Are you...well, you get the idea.
If you want an easy, simple, repeatable, reliable and flexible step-by-step solution on deploying language packs and regional settings during Operating System Deployment using ConfigMgr (SCCM) with standard task sequence steps then you will want to read this book. (Oh, and did I mention that this is the easy and uncomplicated method?)
After reading this book you will be able to achieve the following using a standard SCCM OSD task sequence:
- Deploy the correct language pack based on certain criteria, for example, based on computer name
- Configure locale, timezone and other regional settings
- Mix and match! Deploy the OS in English and set the timezone or keyboard layout to something entirely different
- PowerShell or coding experience not necessary
- MDT Integration not required!
- Do all of this very, very easily.
This book uses Windows 10 1903 for all step-by-step instructions, but if you need to deploy language packs for previous versions then it's good for that too!
Well, whaddayah waiting for?
- About the Author
- Code and Files in this Book
- MDT or Tea?
- Backup Your Existing Task Sequence
- How to Backup All of Your Task Sequences
- The Scenario
- The Language Packs
- Input Locales and Keyboard Pair Codes
- The XML file
- The PowerShell script
- Why Struggle?
Putting It All Together (Step-by-Step)
- Creating the Correct Folder Structure
- Copy the Cab
- Copy the PowerShell Script
- Season the XML to Taste
- Create a Program
- Add the Group
- Select Your Criteria
- Install the Language Pack
- Add a Restart
- Configure the Regional Setting
- Add a Restart
- Configure the TimeZone
- Creating further language deployments
Creating a ‘Catch All’
- Why Use a ‘Catch All’?
- Create the Custom Variable
- Each Language Group
- Add the Catch All Group and Configuration
- Add the Catch All Condition
- Putting It All Together (Step-by-Step)
- Release notes
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.