This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2014-10-29
About the Book
"Loving CoffeeScript Ristretto!"—Larry Marburger
"I was also seriously caught up by [the] digression into espresso, ristretto, etc.Worth the purchase just for the intro."—Chris Smith
"Best explanation of closures i've seen yet."—Jerry Anning
CoffeeScript Ristretto is a book about programming with functions that uses the CoffeeScript programming language for the examples and exercises. CoffeeScript Ristretto is for:
- Programmers learning CoffeeScript who want a thorough grounding in its fundamentals rather than a cursory treatment of its syntax.
- Programmers already using CoffeeScript who want to go back and take a deep dive into programming with functions and combinators.
- Any programmer curious about programming with functions.
CoffeeScript Ristretto's primary focus is functions as first-class values and advanced topics built on those fundamentals such as callbacks, combinators, method decorators, fluent APIs, and continuation-passing style. Download two free sample chapters and see for yourself!
A Pull of the Lever: Prefaces
- About This Book
- Foreword by Jeremy Ashkenas
Prelude: Values and Expressions
- values and expressions
- values and identity
- CoffeeScript Ristretto
The first sip: Functions
- As Little As Possible About Functions, But No Less
- Ah. I’d Like to Have an Argument, Please.
- Closures and Scope
Slurp: More About Functions and Scope
- Let Me Show You What To Do
- A Simple Question
- Making Things Easy
References, Identity, Arrays, and Objects
- arguments and arrays
- references and objects
Stir the Espresso: Objects, Mutation, and State
- Reassignment and Mutation
- Normal Variables
- Encapsulating State with Closures
- Composition and Extension
- This and That
Finish the Cup: Instances and Classes
- Prototypes are Simple, it’s the Explanations that are Hard To Understand
- A Touch of Class
- Object Methods
- This Section Needs No Title
- Extending Classes
An Extra Shot of Ideas
- Refactoring to Combinators
- Method Decorators
- Callbacks and Promises
A Golden Crema
- How to run the examples
- Copyright Notice
- About The Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...