Applying CQRS/ES to an Elixir and Phoenix web app
About the Book
Learn how to implement the CQRS/ES pattern to build an Elixir and Phoenix web application.
You will be shown how to build an exemplary blogging platform. You will build a functional, event sourced domain model along with a read model optimised for querying.
This book is for anyone who has an interest in CQRS/ES and Elixir.
- Who is Building Conduit for?
- What does it cover?
What is CQRS?
- Domain events
- What is event sourcing?
- What are the costs of using CQRS?
- Recipe for building a CQRS/ES application in Elixir
- An event sourced aggregate
- Unit testing an aggregate
- General functionality
- API specs
- Contexts in Phoenix
- Contexts in Conduit
- Installing Phoenix
- Generating a Phoenix project
- Starting the Phoenix server
- Commanded facilitates CQRS/ES in Elixir
Write and read model stores
- Installing and configuring Commanded
- Configuring the read model store
Register a user
- Building our first context
- Writing our first integration test
- Application structure
- Alternate structure
- Building our first aggregate
- Building our first command
- Building our first domain event
- Writing our first unit test
- Command dispatch and routing
- Writing our first read model projection
- Validating dispatched commands
- Testing user registration validation
- Enforce unique usernames
- Additional username validation
- Validating a user’s email address
- Hashing the user’s password
- Completing user registration
- Register a user
Authenticate a user
- Generating a JWT token
- Getting the current user
- Authenticate a user
Publishing an article
- Authoring articles
- Publish article integration test
- Building the article controller
- Defining the publish article command
- Generating a unique URL slug
- Building the article aggregate
- Projecting the article read model
- Publishing articles test
- List articles controller test
- Querying latest articles
- Filter by author
- Filter by tag
- Get an article
- Favorite integration test
- Article routing
- Favorite article controller
- Favorite articles in Blog context
- Favorite commands and events
- Favorite article aggregate handling
- Unit testing favorites in the article aggregate
- Routing favorite commands
- Projecting favorite articles in the read model
- Favorite articles test
- Filter by favorite articles
- Publishing an article
- Projecting tags into the read model
- Listing tags
Frequently asked questions
- How do I structure my CQRS/ES application?
- How do I deal with eventually consistent read model projections?
Conduit API specs
- Authentication header
JSON objects returned by API
- Single article
- Multiple articles
- Single comment
- Multiple comments
- List of tags
- Errors and status codes
- Get current user
- Update user
- Get profile
- Follow user
- Unfollow user
- List articles
- Feed articles
- Get article
- Create Article
- Update Article
- Delete article
- Add comments to an article
- Get comments from an article
- Delete comment
- Favourite article
- Unfavourite article
- Get tags
- Conduit API specs
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.