Build Mobile Apps with Ionic 1 and Firebase
Last updated on 2016-10-09
About the Book
This book is an introductory guide to building hybrid mobile apps using Ionic and Firebase. This book is sample driven. In this book, we are going to build a Hacker News client app. This app can view top stories in Hacker News, view comments of a story, add stories to favorites, etc. This book covers various topics in mobile apps development:
- Local development environment setup
- Ionic quickstart
- Work with Firebase
- State transition
- Common UI components: lists, cards, modals, popups, action sheets
- Forms & inputs
- User authentication
- Publish apps
- App updates with CodePush
This book covers the whole cycle of hybrid mobile apps development. It's organized around implementing above user stories. For each story, this book not only talks about how to implement it but also explain related Ionic and Firebase concepts in detail.
The source code of the sample app is available on GitHub.
- 2016-03-03 New chapter for CodePush
- 2016-01-19 Upgrade to Ionic 1.2.4.
- 2015-12-03 Add Ionic Creator in chapter 2.
- 2015-11-10 Add action sheet in chapter 10.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms