Buying Multiple Copies On Leanpub
published Oct 09, 2015
At Leanpub we often hear from people who would like to know how they should go about buying multiple copies of books, usually for classes or for company teams or even corporate libraries.
Currently, there are two ways to buy multiple copies of Leanpub books:
You make a single purchase for a fair price, and you distribute it yourself.
You make a multiple-copy purchase, and people download the book from Leanpub.
Either process is fine with us! It basically boils down to whether you know each recipient’s email address, and whether you want them downloading the book from you or from Leanpub.
Here’s how each of these options works in detail:
1. You make single purchase for a fair price, and you distribute it yourself.
Using this option, we ask that you simply buy the ebook once for the book’s suggested price, multiplied by the number of copies you intend to distribute, and share the ebook files with the intended readers yourself. Of course, there is no DRM on any Leanpub book. So, to buy six copies of a book with a suggested price of $10, you’d pay $60 (6 * $10 suggested price) for one copy, and distribute it using your own process.
2. You make a multiple-copy purchase, and people download the book from Leanpub.
We’ve built a feature that lets you buy multiple copies and assign each copy to a unique reader, who will either create a new Leanpub account, or add the book to their existing Leanpub library. This means they will always have access to the latest version of the book, which is nice since so many Leanpub books are published in-progress or improved over time with updates.
Here are the steps for making a multiple-copy purchase:
1) Add the ebook to your shopping cart.
2) Click the Edit button (which looks like a pencil writing on some paper) to edit the item in your cart.
3) Select the number of copies you would like to buy.
5) On the Thank You page, you will see the following message: “You have purchased multiple copies of this book. Click here to manage your download tokens.” Click that link, and you will see a nice form where you can send a copy of the book to each of your intended readers. – Posted by Len Epp