How to master your job.
About the Book
Be effective // How to master your job.
Job starters are just thrown in at the deep end and have to get on with it. Nowadays it is common to get "training on the job" focussing on technical skills, only in rare cases proper methodological skills are trained. Job starters rely on their colleagues and working environment.
This book targets young professionals and outlines practical tips to enable career starters in mastering their jobs. It imparts basic tools and patterns for the career start.
This book covers four major disciplines, which correspond to different capabilities young professionals have to build up - the sooner the better:
- Managing yourself: Prioritization, planning & discipline, ...
- Managing your tasks: Structure, communication & network, ...
- Managing your energy: Develop routines, ...
- Managing your development: Personal development, mentoring & co, ...
My claim is not to compete with professional literature and respective bestsellers, but to give an easy access to their fundamentals.
As the book progresses towards completion the price may gradually increase. By buying early you not only provide motivation, you also get a good deal because you get all updates for free. Target date for next version is end of Q3/2020.
- About the book
- Readers come first
- How to read
- Gather, sort and rank your tasks and get the sh** done
- Organize your time around your priorities
- Handle your tasks as projects
- Prevent issues and handle exceptions
- Dress for the job you want, not the job you have
- Build up your network and make use out of it
- Do not make me think, develop routines
- Focus yourself and get the right things done
Food for thoughts
- Must reads // Books
- Must have // Apps
- Must know // Methodologies and tools
- Must think about // Pieces of advice
- Before you go…
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.