About the Bundle
The Developer's Edge
How to Double Your Career Speed with Soft Skills
The Developer's Edge is a guide for software developers to develop soft skills. If you feel you are stuck in your career, you may have found that your tech skills are already good enough. At the same time, you may have experienced a hard time with negotiating raises or new job offers.
You will not only get a full checklist on achieving a career breakthrough, but you will also get valuable information to create lasting change in your career in terms of communication, mental management, online presence, and motivation.
The approach in The Developer's Edge is based on professionalism and well presented performance. We will focus on achieving a career breakthrough in an honest and sustainable way.
Strategies in this book are based on research on peak performance psychology, motivation theory, self-esteem, and emotional intelligence. Commanding your emotions will enable you to enjoy the process of working on your career.
ES6 in Practice
The Complete Developer's Guide
ES6 is Everywhere
Including Job Interviews and Open Source Code
Above all, ES6 is fun. Allow me to show you how easy it is to use ES6. Verify that the lessons stay with you with some fun exercises.
Tell me more about my learning experience
The goal of this course is to strengthen your problem solving skills by using the new features of ES6.
You will work on practical problems, not just dummy examples. Most examples were inspired by web applications I had worked on personally. This means to you that you will see real stories, real objects, and real variable names, not just another meaningless foo variable that most facilitators use when they run out of creativity.
- Focus on UTILITY, not edge cases. What is worse than spending money on a spiced up version of the official documentation? Wasting your time to process it, just to find out that 80% of the content does not apply to you. ES6 in Practice gives you information on getting started with a topic, and you can immediately put it into practice using the Workbook.
What will I learn?
- Write compact code with Arrow Functions, Default Arguments
- Find out why
letis the new
- Demistify Destructuring
- Command arrays and functions with a variable number of arguments with the Spread Operator and Rest Parameters
- Learn useful Object and Function Enhancements in ES6
- Understand what Tail Call Optimization is so that you will be prepared to write efficient code
- Meet the
Symboltype and its use cases
- Write clean loops with
- Create cool templates with Template Literals
- Use 4 byte Unicode characters with the ES6 Extended String Support
- Create Iterators, Iterables and Generators to master lazy evaluation and handle infinite sequences
- Escape the Pyramid of Doom by writing proper ES6 Promises
- Start writing and transpiling ES6 applications with Webpack and Babel
- Master ES6 Proxies and the Reflect API
- 18 Lessons
- 2 Bonus Lessons on ES2016 and ES2017
- A Bonus Lesson on creating your learning plan
- 59 Exercises with Reference Solutions
Is ES6 in Practice good for me?
ES6 in Practice is for you if you are looking for a course that
- helps you get rid of Underscore/Lodash, jQuery
- takes you from knowing ES5 to ES6
Don't worry if you are a beginner. The first quarter of the course will give you some quick wins that you will be able to put into practice, regardless of your experience.
My goal is to make this course as approachable as possible, so if you get stuck, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will update the book regularly based on your feedback. In fact, I encourage you to shape the contents of the book with your feedback.
If you are not sure if this course is for you, I encourage you to try it out, and if you don't like it, ask for a 100% refund.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...