This book is 12% complete
Last updated on 2018-06-28
About the Book
On LeanPub, you are getting the "Forever Edition" of this book. As I write it, if you find anything you don't like or if you find yourself wanting to know more than what I'm laying out there, let me know! Tweet at me, email me, start yelling somewhere around downtown Kansas City... I'll respond! The better we can make this book together, the better I can help you learn everything you need to know about AWS PowerShell.
I wanted to take a moment to touch on the publication process with LeanPub because it allows me to keep the book agile and fresh, and it helps me put the book in your hands much sooner than if I had to draft it all from scratch, go through a traditional publisher, and then finally deliver it to you. Also, if I did that, how would I know that what I'm delivering is even relevant to you?
Technology is always changing. We're talking about the really revolutionary technology in this book like AWS, PowerShell, and we'll even discuss some of the helper functions and services to build a functional AWS environment. ALL of it is changing, and ALL of it is updated daily. By purchasing this book, you'll have access (forever) to my endless updates to the AWS and PowerShell toolsets we'll use throughout.
- Getting the DevOps Mentality
- Don’t be a “Left Click Engineer”
- What Makes a Good Automator?
- Why PowerShell over the AWS CLI?
- AWS and You: The Shared Responsibility Model
- Code Samples
Chapter 1: Getting Set Up with AWS and PowerShell
- Creating your AWS Account
- Create an IAM User and Generate Access Keys
- Installing AWS PowerShell for Windows
- Installing AWS PowerShell for Linux/MacOS
- Importing the Module
- Configuring AWS PowerShell
- AWS Account Best Practices
Chapter 2: Getting Started using PowerShell on AWS
- Cmdlet Discovery
- Environment Variables
- Pipelining Commands
Chapter 3: Authentication
- Credential Management
- Configuring Federated Identity Providers
Chapter 4: The big 3, IAM, EC2, S3
- Managing IAM with PowerShell
- Managing EC2 with PowerShell
- Managing S3 with PowerShell
Chapter 5: Integrating more AWS Services
- Compute Resources
- Storage Resources
- DataBase Resources
- Migration Resources
- Management Tools
- Machine Learning
- Application Integration
Chapter 6: AWS Best Practices
- Access Management
- Account Hygiene
- Taking Action to Remediate
- Amazon Well-Architected Reviews
Chapter 7: Security in AWS
- Built-in Mitigations for Common Attacks
- Compliance Program
Chapter 8: Automated Testing for your AWS Environment
- Unit Tests
- Integration Tests
- Infrastructure Tests
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...