Learn ASP.NET MVC
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2017-07-07
About the Book
You're a developer who knows nothing to ASP.NET MVC. Which is fine, except that you need to start coding your next application using ASP.NET MVC 5.
Don't worry: I have you covered. I've been training hundreds of developers like you during years, and converted my experience into this book. I know from experience teaching what takes more time to learn in ASP.NET MVC, and will spend time only where appropriate.
Read this book, and you can code your ASP.NET MVC 5 application using Visual Studio 2015 within a week. Or your money back.
Like a classroom training
Feel like I had a classroom training with the author. A very good kickstarter to start coding ASP.NET MVC in a professional way.
A very good book for getting to grips with the subject quickly.
- What this book is not
- How to read this book
- Tools you need
- Source code
1. What is ASP.NET MVC and why use it
- 1.1 What is it ?
- 1.2 Why use it ?
- 1.3 Competing technologies
- 2. Creating our Web Site
3. ASP.NET MVC inner workings
- 3.1 Principles
- 3.2 View
4. Create an application and modify the home page
- 4.1 Do-it-yourself 1 - Create the application
- 4.2 Do-it-yourself 2 - Change the home page
- 5.1 Razor syntax
- 5.2 Layout views
- 5.3 Do-it-yourself 4 - Remove some links
- 5.4 Helpers
6. Understanding ASP.NET MVC
- 6.1 Flashback
- 6.2 Routing
- 6.3 Controllers
- 6.4 Be lazy
- 6.5 Let’s go all the way
7. Typing things up
- 7.1 The problem with ViewBag and ViewData
- 7.2 Using and typing the model
- 7.3 Conventions and simplicity: introducing the ViewModel
- 7.4 Entity Framework models
- 7.5 Do-it-yourself 5 - Create the Product model and DbContext
- 7.6 Do-it-yourself 6 - Add code that creates a database with some products
- 7.7 Do-it-yourself 7 - Display a products list
8. Updating server data
- 8.1 Action parameters
- 8.2 Word of caution about URLs
- 8.3 Do-it-yourself 8 - Display product details
- 8.4 HTTP Post parameters
- 8.5 Passing a full blown object
- 8.6 Sit and watch - Basic product calculator
- 8.7 Do-it-yourself 9 - Add a search box to the products list
9. Updating data scenario
- 9.1 Steps
- 9.2 Controller
- 9.3 Automated generation of controller and views
- 9.4 Do-it-yourself 10 - Create the products management back-office
10. Doing more with controllers and actions
- 10.1 Actions can generate more than views
- 10.2 Do-it-yourself 11 - Add images to the products
- 10.3 Input validation
11. Basic security
- 11.1 Preventing Cross-Site Scripting
- 11.2 Rejecting extra fields
- 11.3 Identifying users
- 11.4 Do-it-yourself 12 - Secure the back-office
12. Going further
- 12.1 Deploying your site
- 12.2 Creating Razor helpers
- 12.3 Partial views
- 12.4 Display and edit templates
Do-it-yourself Cheat Sheet
- Do-it-yourself 1 - Create the application - correction
- Do-it-yourself 2 - Change the home page - correction
- Do-it-yourself 3 - Add code to the home page - correction
- Do-it-yourself 4 - Remove some links - correction
- Do-it-yourself 5 - Create the Product model and DbContext - correction
- Do-it-yourself 6 - Add code that creates a database with some products - correction
- Do-it-yourself 7 - Display a products list - correction
- Do-it-yourself 8 - Display product details - correction
- Do-it-yourself 9 - Add a search box to the products list - correction
- Do-it-yourself 10 - Create the products management back-office - correction
- Do-it-yourself 11 - Add images to the products - correction
- Do-it-yourself 12 - Secure the back-office - correction
- Dynamic object
- Entity Framework
- Solution Explorer
- A word from the author
- The Learn collection
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.