API Product Management
This book is 90% complete
Last updated on 2018-07-27
About the Book
Valuable and accessible products and services are the most important assets for any business, especially in the digital economy.
Through clear step-by-step explanations and real-life examples, you’ll learn the foundations of the API Product Management methodology.
It will help you to create, launch, and run digital products customers love.
- 1. Foreword
- 2. Preface
- 3. About the Authors
I Setting the Stage
- 4.1 What is API Product Management?
- 4.2 Why are API Products Hard?
- 4.3 What will You Learn from this Book?
- 4.4 Is this Book for You?
- 4.5 How is this Book Organized?
5. Why API
- 5.1 Digital Economy
- 5.2 API Economy
6. Beginners Guide to API
- 6.1 What is an API?
- 6.2 Anatomy of an API
- 6.3 What is a Digital Product?
- 6.4 Paradigm Shift: From API to VPI
- 6.5 What is an API Management Platform?
- 6.6 Who are the API Stakeholders?
- 6.7 Summary
7. Understanding Digitalization and Digital Transformation
- 7.1 What is Digitization?
- 7.2 What is Digitalization?
- 7.3 What is Digital Transformation?
- 7.4 Summary
8. Two Breeds of API: API Products and API Solutions
- 8.1 Two Breads of API and Paradigm of Change
- 8.2 API Solution is the Bread of Operations
- 8.3 What is an API Solution?
- 8.4 What is the Business Value of API Solutions?
- 8.5 API Product is the Bread of Tactics
- 8.6 What is an API Product?
- 8.7 What is the Business Value of an API Product?
- 8.8 Summary
9. Case Studies
- 9.1 Identity
- 9.2 Smart Catalogs
- 4. Introduction
II API Product Design
10. Human-Centered API Design
- 10.1 What is Human-Centered API Design?
- 10.2 Three Stages of API Program Maturity
- 10.3 API Workshop I: Learn API
- 10.4 API Workshop II: Asset Discovery and API Product Ideation
- 10.5 API Workshop III: API Ideation and Validation
- 10.6 Case Study: Identity
- 10.7 Summary
11. Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.1 What is the Difference Between Value Proposition and API
- 11.2 Foundations of Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.3 Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.4 Case Study: Identity
- 11.5 Conclusion
- 10. Human-Centered API Design
III API Product Strategy
- 12. Product Vision Board
- 13. Product Lifecycle Management
- 14. Ambition Matrix
- 15. Stakeholder Management
- 16. Business models
- 17. Goal-Oriented Roadmap
IV API Product Execution
18. Lean API Product Development
- 18.1 Foundations of Lean API Product Development
- 18.2 Overview of the Lean API Product Development
- 18.3 Prototype-First in the Lean API Product Development
- 18.4 Analytics-First in the Lean API Product Development
- 18. Lean API Product Development
19. Hierarchy of API Design Principle
- 19.1 Deliver Value to the Customer
- 19.2 Provide Good User Experience to the Customer
- 19.3 API Interface Design & Architecture (aka Philosophy)
20. API Product Pitch for Everybody
- 20.1 Daily API Product Pitch
- 20.2 How to Pitch an API Product?
- 20.3 Effective Structures for an API Product Pitch
- 21. Conclusion
- 19. Hierarchy of API Design Principle
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...