70 Recipes for AngularJS 1.2
About the Book
- 67 recipes done.
- Download the sample to see if you like the brief style.
- See the Table of contents for the complete recipe list
- Now working with an editor to correct errors.
- I focus on continuous improvement and update often.
The book contains 70 proven recipes to speed up your development with AngularJS.
This book is for you, if...
- You want to learn new tricks. You may have realized that documentation doesn’t contain all necessary info or you may know one function description but don’t know yet how to use them.
- You've may have already done this before but there are always those pesky tricky parts of a code that consumes a lot of your time. You want to avoid wasting your time with those again, which is what you’re wanting this book to do for you.
- You want to learn more about Angular. Some recipes are short and only a rewrite of the documentation with the ‘why’. You could use / learn it from the documentation. But this is not only ‘how’, but ‘where’ and ‘why’. These are usually things which we were asked over and over again.
- You are looking for solutions you can trust. All code examples are as brief / minimalistic as they could be. Usually, it sells to have a nice interface. But if you’re looking for a solution, you would want to first figure out what solves your problem and differentiate that from what is just there for stylistic purposes.
Angular JS Cookbook will give you solutions that save you time and effort, it will give you some new recipes that you would find very useful and give you a deeper insight into the framework.
I Directive / View Recipes
- 1 Create an analog clock with SVG
- 2 Build a date select
- 3 How to use AngularJS with a curly braced template engine
- 4 Use the $compile function
- 5 Show a confirm box before ng-click is executed
- 6 Create a digital clock
- 7 Enable the save button only on valid form data
- 8 Disable trimming in input fields
- 9 Dynamic service loading with the $injector
- 10 Create a dynamic templateUrl
- 11 Show a box on outstanding http requests (simple)
- 12 Show only initialized data on startup
- 13 Create a markdown live preview
- 14 Table double rows with ng-repeat
- 15 Prevent duplicate warnings in ng-repeat
- 16 Slide right/left with animations
- 17 Pass a function to a directive with an isolated scope (&)
- 18 Select box with multiple option
- 19 Select and ng-options
- 20 Make a sortable table
- 21 Make a stacked bar chart
- 22 Prevent event propagation from ng-click
- 23 Submit form on enter key
- 24 Make a syntax highlighter
- 25 Textarea char limit with remaining counter
- 26 Theme support
- 27 Use the inner html of a directive in your template
- 28 Write a blacklist validator
- 29 General purpose uniqueness validator
- 30 Forms with view / edit mode
II Controller Recipes
- 31 All / none / invert for a list of checkboxes
- 32 Controller to controller communication
- 33 Use your view filters in your controller (quick)
- 34 Reset a form
- 35 How to use the same function for multiple watchers
III Service Recipes
- 36 Get current app name (quick)
- 37 Prevent heavy computing operations from making your app sluggish
- 38 How to structure your services
- 39 Write a decorator - change a service result without monkey patching
- 40 Notification service delayed / sticky
- 41 Why is there a Provider at the end of some services ($route and $routeProvider)?
- 42 Replace history path
IV Filter Recipes
- 43 Filter an exact match (quick)
- 44 Get last element(s) in a collection (quick)
- 45 How to highlight a search
- 46 Easy filtering with the filter filter
V Promise Recipes
- 47 How to cache data with promises
- 48 Convert a 3rd party promise with $q.when
- 49 TODO: How to wait for several async events
- 50 How to transform every callback into a promise
VI Testing Recipes
- 51 Testing focus directive
- 52 Mocking http requests
- 53 Testing only a subset of tests
VII Big Picture Recipes
- 54 Redirect to an error page
- 55 Spreading route definitions among modules
- 56 Stop timers before a scope is removed
- 57 What all the extra .js files are doing?
- 58 How to debug your application with the browser
- 59 EcmaScript 5 array functions you should know and use
- 60 Execute code at startup
- 61 Finding Bottlenecks with Batarang
- 62 How to use regular urls without the hash
- 63 Report backend errors
- 64 Optional params and wildcards in Router
- 65 Deregister an event listener
- 66 How to use the dot correctly
- 67 What belongs on the scope
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Digital-First EventsJoep Piscaer and Jana Boruta
The only resource you will ever need to launch your digital events program.
C++20 is the next big C++ standard after C++11. As C++11 did it, C++20 changes the way we program modern C++. This change is, in particular, due to the big four of C++20: ranges, coroutines, concepts, and modules.
The book is almost daily updated. These incremental updates ease my interaction with the proofreaders.
Sockets and PipesType Classes
Sockets and Pipes is not an introduction to Haskell; it is an introduction to writing software in Haskell. Using a handful of everyday Haskell libraries, this book walks through reading the HTTP specification and implementing it to create a web server.
Atomic KotlinBruce Eckel and Svetlana Isakova
For both beginning and experienced programmers! From the author of the multi-award-winning Thinking in C++ and Thinking in Java together with a member of the Kotlin language team comes a book that breaks the concepts into small, easy-to-digest "atoms," along with exercises supported by hints and solutions directly inside IntelliJ IDEA!
Introducing EventStormingAlberto Brandolini
The deepest tutorial and explanation about EventStorming, straight from the inventor.
Cloud StrategyGregor Hohpe
“Strategy is the difference between making a wish and making it come true.” A successful migration to the cloud can transform your organization, but it shouldn’t be driven by wishes. This book tells you how to develop a sound strategy guided by frameworks and decision models without being overly abstract nor getting lost in product details.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
node-opcua by exampleEtienne Rossignon
Get the best out of node-opcua through a set of documented examples by the author himself that will allow you to create stunning OPCUA Servers or Clients.
R Programming for Data ScienceRoger D. Peng
This book brings the fundamentals of R programming to you, using the same material developed as part of the industry-leading Johns Hopkins Data Science Specialization. The skills taught in this book will lay the foundation for you to begin your journey learning data science. Printed copies of this book are available through Lulu.
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
Django for Beginners/APIs/Professionals
CCIE Service Provider Ultimate Study Bundle
2 BooksPiotr Jablonski, Lukasz Bromirski, and Nick Russo have joined forces to deliver the only CCIE Service Provider training resource you'll ever need. This bundle contains a detailed and challenging collection of workbook labs, plus an extensively detailed technical reference guide. All of us have earned the CCIE Service Provider certification...
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
Linux Administration Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du Guide Linux Administration :Linux Administration, Volume 1, Administration fondamentale : Guide pratique de préparation aux examens de certification LPIC 1, Linux Essentials, RHCSA et LFCS. Administration fondamentale. Introduction à Linux. Le Shell. Traitement du texte. Arborescence de fichiers. Sécurité...
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
2 BooksDocker and Kubernetes are taking the world by storm! These books will get you up-to-speed fast! Docker Deep Dive is over 400 pages long, and covers all objectives on the Docker Certified Associate exam.The Kubernetes Book includes everything you need to get up and running with Kubernetes!
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
All the Books of The Medical Futurist
6 BooksWe put together the most popular books from The Medical Futurist to provide a clear picture about the major trends shaping the future of medicine and healthcare. Digital health technologies, artificial intelligence, the future of 20 medical specialties, big pharma, data privacy, digital health investments and how technology giants such as Amazon...
Cloud Architect: Transform Technology and Organization
2 BooksArchitects don't just recite product names and features. They understand the options, decisions, and trade-offs behind them. They earn credibility and maintain authenticity by connecting the penthouse with the engine room. Get two essential books that redefine the role of the software and IT architect at one low price:37 Things One Architect...