About the Book
This book is based on the original Who Is Agile book, only this is a regional version for South Africa. It's a collection of interviews with passionate South African agilists who answer the following questions:
1) What is something people usually don’t know about you but has influenced you in who you are?
2) What would have become of you, if you were not doing the job you do today?
3) What is your biggest challenge and why is it a good thing for you?
4) What drives you?
5) What is your biggest achievement?
6) Is there a piece of music that has a special meaning for you?
7) What is the last book you have read?
8) What question do you think we should also ask and what is the answer?
9) Whom do you think we should ask next in South Africa?
10) Whom do you think we should ask next not in South Africa?
11) How would you define your relation to the South African Agile community?
If you'd like to get to know some of the people in South Africa who are dedicated to agile a little bit better this is the book for you.
About the Editors
The Agile community knows Yves Hanoulle from his many contributions, such as the public Agile conferences Google calendar, his Agile Thursday Quiz, the coach retreats and conferences he’s paired to organize, daily coaching questions via @Retroflections, and the Agile Games Google group, just to name a few. He promoted PairCoaching, an idea which has been adopted by many agile trainers and coaches. He’s constantly learning, and passing on what he learns as a coach and trainer to organizations large and small.
A self-identified change artist and first follower, one of Yves’ unique qualities is that he gives free lifetime support on anything he does: every client, everything he writes and presents, every workshop he leads.
Yves believes in maintaining a sustainable pace both professionally and personally. Yves has parentpair programmed an android game with his 13 year old son www.anguis.be You can learn more about Yves at http://www.hanoulle.be/yves-hanoulle/, and find him on social media as YvesHanoulle.
My passion for agile is lived daily at Growing Agile. My personal motto is ‘be brave’, and I embody this by taking on challenges one small step at a time. On weekends you can find me trail running on a mountain.
I'm an Agile Trainer and Coach at Growing Agile. I try to bring fun into everything I do whether it is work or home. At work I love helping teams and individuals find ways to improve and enjoy what they do. At home I enjoy playing xbox, cuddling with my cats, and drinking champagne.