Getting Started with Mob Programming
This book is 70% complete
Last updated on 2018-06-10
About the Book
The outcome of Mob Programming is outstanding software produced by teams. Software that has fewer defects, higher productivity and ultimately a higher return on investment.
Having been a practitioner of Mob Programming since early 2015 I have found the biggest hurdle is getting started. Once a new mob gets past this and gains momentum they rapidly realize the benefits of this practice.
This book is a practical, pragmatic and opinionated guide on how a co-located teams get started with Mob Programming. I present proven techniques that you can apply.
Because Mob Programming is evolutionary, once you gain momentum you will adjust the specifics of the practice to meet your needs; The aim of this book is to get you to that point.
- Tweet this book
- About the Author
Part I - Before you start
- 1 What is Mob Programming?
- 2 Frame Mob Programming as an experiment
Part II - Getting to your first mob session
- 3 Where to mob first?
- 4 What should you work on?
- 5 How big should the mob be?
- 6 When & how long should the first session be?
- 7 Preparing the development environment
Part III - Your first mob session
- 8 Outline for the session
- 9 Explain the roles to the group
- 10 Determine the order for rotating typists
- 11 Start the first interval and mob for ten minutes
- 12 Rotate typists and start the next interval
- 13 The closing retrospective
- 14 Forming, storming and conflict
Part IV - Gaining momentum
- 15 Your next few mobbing sessions
- 16 When only one person knows…
- 17 When nobody knows…
- 18 Getting rhythm with core mobbing time
- 19 A permanent place to mob
- 20 Getting a mob station
- 21 Where to from here?
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...