Last updated on 2018-09-05
About the Book
Electro-Horticulture, also known as electroculture, describes a class of effective, yet seldom-used methods for accelerating plant growth, boosting crop yields, and more!
In this book you will start by learning about the history of electroculture by studying the early experimenters who used "Earth Battery" technology to increase their yields from approximately 30% to 300%. Once you have an idea of the amazing successes that are possible, you'll start learning about the science of electroculture. From there we'll cover the following topics:
- The effects that electricity has on soils, microbes, and plants themselves
- A comprehensive listing of the benefits of electro-horticulture
- Application ideas ranging from season extension to drought protection.
- Instructions on how to build a system yourself
- And more!
By reading this book you will get 3 things:
- A thorough understanding of the science behind the remarkable effects of electroculture
- A hands-on appreciation of what's possible.
- Ideas for how you can apply this technology to your own garden or farm.
When you're done reading and start experimenting, you can expect to see enormous returns on your investment!
I'd like to give my thanks in advance to all of you who chose to puchase this book! Feel free to get in touch and interact with me and I would gladly assist you with anything you need regarding your exploration of electro-horticulture.
- David Wechsler
- My Story
- Purpose of This Book
- Potential Benefits of Electroculture
- Thank You!
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Growth Using Electricity?
Chapter 2: Electricity & Nature
- Electric Agriculture is a Normal Part of Nature
- Atmospheric Electricity
- Telluric Electricity
- Interrelated Energy Systems Working Together
- Biological Effects from Natural Electric Phenomena
Chapter 3: The History of Growing with Electricity
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
- Contemporary Experiments
Chapter 4: The Fundamentals of Soil Science
- The Structure of Soil
- The Nutrient Cycle
- Soil Bacteria
Chapter 5: Electrical Properties of Soils
- Electrical Resistivity and Conductivity
Chapter 6: Soil Electrochemistry
- Electric Fields and Soil?
- Effect on pH
Chapter 7: Benefits of Electroculture On Soil
- Soil Structure
- Water Capacity
- Oxygen Content
- Nutrient Availability
Chapter 8: Electroculture And Soil Bacteria
- Microbial Transport Effects
- Changes in Metabolic Activity
- Enhanced Reproductive Activity
- Stimulation of Aerobic Bacteria
Chapter 9: Mechanisms of Plant Electrophysiology
- Electricity and Polar Cells
- Electrophysiological Effects
- Electrical Signaling
- Electrochemical Signaling
Chapter 10: The Effects of Electroculture on Plants
- Genetic Responses
- Growth Hormones
- Increased Number of Roots
- Nutrient Uptake Rate
- Water Intake
- Improved Water Retention
Chapter 11: Benefits and Applications
- Growth Rate
- Improved Fruits and Vegetables Size
- Crop Yield
- Taste of Fruits and Vegetables
- Nutritional Value
- Healing Response to Disease
Chapter 12: New Application Ideas
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Attraction of Pollinators
- Season Extension, Frost and Drought Protection
- Accelerated Cleanup of Contaminated Soils
Chapter 13: Try It Yourself!
- What You’ll Need
- System Operation
Chapter 14: Ideas for Further Experimentation
Chapter 15: Conclusion
- Natural Organic Growth Stimulation
- A Vision for the Future of Electroculture
- Thank You
Appendix: Get Involved
- Make Some Discoveries
- Special Thanks
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...