The 40 Most Exciting Questions About The Future of Healthcare
The 40 Most Exciting Questions About The Future of Healthcare
About the Book
Dr. Bertalan Mesko, PhD answers the 40 most exciting questions about the present and future of health technology.
Known as The Medical Futurist and featured in CNN, TIME and BBC, Bertalan has interviewed 50 empowered patients, medical innovators and regulators. The questions he sought to answer are among the most exciting from over 500 talks given at patient forums, pharmaceutical boards and healthcare conferences, including:
Will technology make managing diabetes easier?
How can we use wearables today to exercise more, sleep better and decrease anxiety?
Can 3D printed organs ever make donor waiting lists redundant?
Should doctors be replaced by artificial intelligence and surgical robots?
Technology is radically changing healthcare for patients, doctors and regulators too. Learn what to expect, and start living a better life with the help of digital health tools.
About the Author
Chapter 1: Everyday Life
- Why Would You Measure Your ECG At Home?
- Will Technology Change The Lives Of People With Diabetes?
- Will People Measure Vital Signs At Home?
- Can Technology Really Improve My Sleep Quality?
- Is It Possible To Scan Food For Ingredients?
- What Would Happen If Patients Led Healthcare?
- Can I Improve My Brain?
- Can Social Media Help Prevent And Notify About Epidemics?
- Could We Train Doctors The Way Duolingo Teaches Language?
- Will Robots Take Over Our Jobs In Healthcare?
- When Will We Find The Cure For Cancer?
- Will Doctors Always Have To See Patients In Person?
- Will Innovative Medical Technology Be Accessible To The Poor?
- How Will Technology Transform The Future Of Sport?
Chapter 2: Disruptive Trends
- Can Artificial Food Put An End To Famine?
- Will We 3D Print Or Grow Organs?
- Can Paralyzed People Ever Walk Again?
- Should I Get My Genome Sequenced?
- Will The Medical Tricorder From Star Trek Become Real?
- Why Are Supercomputers Still Not Used In Healthcare?
- Could Doctors Literally Look Through Patients?
- Is Printing Out Medical Equipment Cheaper Than Manufacturing?
- Will We Ever Treat Individuals Based On Their Own DNA?
- For How Long Will We Test Drugs On Actual People?
- What Will The Hospital Of The Future Look Like?
- Will Virtual Reality Take Over Our Lives?
- Will There Be Operating Rooms Manned Only With Robots?
- Can An Algorithm Diagnose Better Than A Doctor?
Chapter 3: And Beyond
- Will We Be Able To Transmit Or Read Thoughts?
- What Makes Someone A Cyborg?
- What Is The Secret To A Long Life?
- What Would Happen To Society If We All Lived Beyond 130?
- Should I Get Cryopreserved When I Die?
- Will Nanorobots Swim In Our Bloodstream?
- Why Are Futurists Usually Wrong About Healthcare?
- Should We Be Afraid Of Artificial Intelligence In Medicine?
- How Does Technology Change Sexuality?
- What If People Want To Replace Healthy Body Parts For Prosthetics?
- How Can We Prevent Bioterrorism From Hijacking Innovations?
- Exciting Waves Are Coming
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Digital-First EventsJoep Piscaer and Jana Boruta
The only resource you will ever need to launch your digital events program.
C++20 is the next big C++ standard after C++11. As C++11 did it, C++20 changes the way we program modern C++. This change is, in particular, due to the big four of C++20: ranges, coroutines, concepts, and modules.
The book is almost daily updated. These incremental updates ease my interaction with the proofreaders.
Sockets and PipesType Classes
Sockets and Pipes is not an introduction to Haskell; it is an introduction to writing software in Haskell. Using a handful of everyday Haskell libraries, this book walks through reading the HTTP specification and implementing it to create a web server.
Atomic KotlinBruce Eckel and Svetlana Isakova
For both beginning and experienced programmers! From the author of the multi-award-winning Thinking in C++ and Thinking in Java together with a member of the Kotlin language team comes a book that breaks the concepts into small, easy-to-digest "atoms," along with exercises supported by hints and solutions directly inside IntelliJ IDEA!
Algebra-Driven DesignSandy Maguire
A how-to field guide on building leak-free abstractions and algebraically designing real-world applications.
Introducing EventStormingAlberto Brandolini
The deepest tutorial and explanation about EventStorming, straight from the inventor.
node-opcua by exampleEtienne Rossignon
Get the best out of node-opcua through a set of documented examples by the author himself that will allow you to create stunning OPCUA Servers or Clients.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Cloud StrategyGregor Hohpe
“Strategy is the difference between making a wish and making it come true.” A successful migration to the cloud can transform your organization, but it shouldn’t be driven by wishes. This book tells you how to develop a sound strategy guided by frameworks and decision models without being overly abstract nor getting lost in product details.
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
Django for Beginners/APIs/Professionals
CCIE Service Provider Ultimate Study Bundle
2 BooksPiotr Jablonski, Lukasz Bromirski, and Nick Russo have joined forces to deliver the only CCIE Service Provider training resource you'll ever need. This bundle contains a detailed and challenging collection of workbook labs, plus an extensively detailed technical reference guide. All of us have earned the CCIE Service Provider certification...
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
Linux Administration Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du Guide Linux Administration :Linux Administration, Volume 1, Administration fondamentale : Guide pratique de préparation aux examens de certification LPIC 1, Linux Essentials, RHCSA et LFCS. Administration fondamentale. Introduction à Linux. Le Shell. Traitement du texte. Arborescence de fichiers. Sécurité...
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
3 BooksBuy every PowerShell book from Adam Bertram at a 20% discount!
2 BooksDocker and Kubernetes are taking the world by storm! These books will get you up-to-speed fast! Docker Deep Dive is over 400 pages long, and covers all objectives on the Docker Certified Associate exam.The Kubernetes Book includes everything you need to get up and running with Kubernetes!
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
All the Books of The Medical Futurist
6 BooksWe put together the most popular books from The Medical Futurist to provide a clear picture about the major trends shaping the future of medicine and healthcare. Digital health technologies, artificial intelligence, the future of 20 medical specialties, big pharma, data privacy, digital health investments and how technology giants such as Amazon...