The 40 Most Exciting Questions About The Future of Healthcare
Last updated on 2018-05-08
About the Book
Dr. Bertalan Mesko, PhD answers the 40 most exciting questions about the present and future of health technology.
Known as The Medical Futurist and featured in CNN, TIME and BBC, Bertalan has interviewed 50 empowered patients, medical innovators and regulators. The questions he sought to answer are among the most exciting from over 500 talks given at patient forums, pharmaceutical boards and healthcare conferences, including:
Will technology make managing diabetes easier?
How can we use wearables today to exercise more, sleep better and decrease anxiety?
Can 3D printed organs ever make donor waiting lists redundant?
Should doctors be replaced by artificial intelligence and surgical robots?
Technology is radically changing healthcare for patients, doctors and regulators too. Learn what to expect, and start living a better life with the help of digital health tools.
About the Author
Chapter 1: Everyday Life
- Why Would You Measure Your ECG At Home?
- Will Technology Change The Lives Of People With Diabetes?
- Will People Measure Vital Signs At Home?
- Can Technology Really Improve My Sleep Quality?
- Is It Possible To Scan Food For Ingredients?
- What Would Happen If Patients Led Healthcare?
- Can I Improve My Brain?
- Can Social Media Help Prevent And Notify About Epidemics?
- Could We Train Doctors The Way Duolingo Teaches Language?
- Will Robots Take Over Our Jobs In Healthcare?
- When Will We Find The Cure For Cancer?
- Will Doctors Always Have To See Patients In Person?
- Will Innovative Medical Technology Be Accessible To The Poor?
- How Will Technology Transform The Future Of Sport?
Chapter 2: Disruptive Trends
- Can Artificial Food Put An End To Famine?
- Will We 3D Print Or Grow Organs?
- Can Paralyzed People Ever Walk Again?
- Should I Get My Genome Sequenced?
- Will The Medical Tricorder From Star Trek Become Real?
- Why Are Supercomputers Still Not Used In Healthcare?
- Could Doctors Literally Look Through Patients?
- Is Printing Out Medical Equipment Cheaper Than Manufacturing?
- Will We Ever Treat Individuals Based On Their Own DNA?
- For How Long Will We Test Drugs On Actual People?
- What Will The Hospital Of The Future Look Like?
- Will Virtual Reality Take Over Our Lives?
- Will There Be Operating Rooms Manned Only With Robots?
- Can An Algorithm Diagnose Better Than A Doctor?
Chapter 3: And Beyond
- Will We Be Able To Transmit Or Read Thoughts?
- What Makes Someone A Cyborg?
- What Is The Secret To A Long Life?
- What Would Happen To Society If We All Lived Beyond 130?
- Should I Get Cryopreserved When I Die?
- Will Nanorobots Swim In Our Bloodstream?
- Why Are Futurists Usually Wrong About Healthcare?
- Should We Be Afraid Of Artificial Intelligence In Medicine?
- How Does Technology Change Sexuality?
- What If People Want To Replace Healthy Body Parts For Prosthetics?
- How Can We Prevent Bioterrorism From Hijacking Innovations?
- Exciting Waves Are Coming
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.